Forums Latest Members

Have you seen the new prices for the fois?

1. Kargol Feb 20, 2021

I was just wondering around in the watch world, and stumbled across the fois. I was really surprised and also really happy that I have one. I mean I was expecting a rise but no so much in just 3 months.
    This model is now discontinued and although it was cheaper to buy than the pro, I see now that prices for used ones have gone up to 4000€!!
    Crazy?

2. w@tcher Feb 20, 2021

Fois is one of the most beautiful Speedy watches.
    Since it is now discontinued, the hype is high...

If you have also in your mind that if someone would like to buy a new Speedy with the pre-moon 39.7mm case, then the only watch is the Ed White, i suppose the cost of the fois was expected to be raised..

I am not aware if there will be a similar 39,7mm Speedy with the 3861cal... If not, i assume the demand will be higher...

As an owner of a Fois & a Professional, i really like that the Fois is a numbered edition and i am aware of the total sum of the watches that were produced.

maskwp, Kargol and LeonDeBayonne like this.
  3. nicolamilton Feb 21, 2021

Beauty + 321 similarity (specially with flat link bracelet) + discontinued = hype

4. Kargol Feb 21, 2021

I got the feeling that some Omega models will continue to rise in price in the near future... I am not an expert in hypes and prices, but I see that this is already happening...

5. ConElPueblo Feb 21, 2021

I think it is ridiculous. Pure FOMO as it has largely been a so-so received slow seller, but when supply ran out everyone started gushing about it :rolleyes:

blueteg, apsm100, wristpirate and 7 others like this.
  6. asrnj77 Feb 21, 2021

7. Kargol Feb 21, 2021

well.. FOMO is really a marketing trick for some sellers.

8. scapa Feb 21, 2021

IDK. The "gushing" started years ago, well before the discontinuation. Some watches are slow burners. I tend to think that this is less about FOMO and more about the dearth of options in the straighter case after the discontinuation of the FOIS with the exception of the EW 321, which is expensive and very difficult to source atm.

And, of course, the fact that the FOIS is a great piece in its own right.

DoctorEvil and w@tcher like this.
  9. Hamish02 Feb 21, 2021

It's so hard to look at prices now compared to what the were a year or so ago or even a few months ago - I bought my FOIS two Decembers ago, grey market, brand new with Omega warranty for £3100 - I could have got a 1861 brand new Speedy for the same price and I still look back and think "Why didn't I?!" but the fact of the matter is I could only afford the one watch at the time. I'm starting to train myself to look at prices now and to stop comparing them at what they were. The price hikes have been steep over the last 12 months or so but they are what they are and we can't do much about them!

10. ConElPueblo Feb 21, 2021

I bought mine in 2013, before I got into the vintage Omega game. A year later the vintage models I had also considered, but was unqualified to evaluate at that time had gone out my reach, economically. While I will always be fond of my FOIS (wearing it right now after its first service), it will always be a bitter-sweet feeling looking at it instead of an Ed White :D

11. Kargol Feb 21, 2021

So you would prefer a speedy pro over the FOIS?
    To tell you the truth I prefer the 40 case.

12. Hamish02 Feb 21, 2021

Oh no, I had the choice over the two - ideally I would have got both but glad I went with the FOIS, especially now its discontinued. It just means I have to pay more for a Pro when I end up getting one - having said that I really like the design and bracelet of the 3861 so will probably pick one up grey market again when the hype has died down and they're more readily available. Will probably go hesalite to differentiate with the FOIS but maybe swap out the case back for a display, again to differentiate.

vintage hab likes this.
  13. maskwp Feb 22, 2021

"FOMO" seems to be the marketing tactic that nobody likes but the one that always works. I am glad that I got mine before this happened (and before it got discontinued). I am wearing mine, it will have (more) scratches and I will never sell it.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  14. ConElPueblo Feb 22, 2021

Enjoying mine today :thumbsup:

20210222_090621.jpg

15. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 22, 2021

They made nearly 16k over ~8 years. You can’t really blame Omega if you only woke up wanting one the day after they pulled the plug.

Edited Feb 22, 2021
  16. maskwp Feb 22, 2021

So true : ) It's like "FOMO - Extended Version. Plus Bonus Material"

Tipofthehat likes this.
  17. leafy Feb 27, 2021

Same here! I'm finally in the market for a FOIS, and while I know what their prices were a few years ago, there's no point in thinking they'll ever get even remotely near that price again. I'm just going to look for a decent deal now, live with the cost, and enjoy the watch.

vintage hab and w@tcher like this.
  18. vintage hab Feb 27, 2021

19. High Hope Feb 27, 2021

What does “FOMO” mean?

20. Toad Cottonheadedninnymuggins Feb 27, 2021

Fear of missing out.