have a garage... now need another cool car to park it in :D

Agree wholeheartedly.

And hat V8 B looks like a beast 😲

Straight Six 3 litre "C" (there is a watch in there too)

Edited:

I’d go an S2000 if you want all of those requirements met and give the Europeans a hard pass, I think those little Honda’s will hold up really well long term and the shifter feel is so nice that it makes every BMW or Porsche feel like a lumpy turd by comparison.

edit: there is nowhere to put a large 15” pizza in the interior of the S2000 unless the passenger is holding it. The seat is too narrow, the footwell doesn’t work and the weird trunk doesn’t work because it won’t sit flat. Found that out from an Uber eats driver that jammed it between the dash and seat and had the cheese all leak into the corner.
Edited:

I’d go an S2000 if you want all of those requirements met and give the Europeans a hard pass, I think those little Honda’s will hold up really well long term and the shifter feel is so nice that it makes every BMW or Porsche feel like a lumpy turd by comparison.

edit: there is nowhere to put a large 15” pizza in the interior of the S2000 unless the passenger is holding it. The seat is too narrow, the footwell doesn’t work and the weird trunk doesn’t work because it won’t sit flat. Found that out from an Uber eats driver that jammed it between the dash and seat and had the cheese all leak into the corner.

An Uber eats driver was driving an S2000? Ok then.

Straight Six 3 litre "C" (there is a watch in there too)

oops my bad - got tricked by all the cool add-ons!

An Uber eats driver was driving an S2000? Ok then.

Australia has an unusual abundance of cheap Japanese performance cars, I’ve had a delivery driver turn up in a 3000GT and several Silvias too

@Lonestar well e30’s are i4’s

The e46m unmolested has aged out of the wrong crowd near me. Of all the cars I have driven it’s the most rewarding as a DD, track toy, weekend bomber. It’s considered the pinnacle of bmw i6’s.

but have you thought about first Gen soft top z4’s? Those are amazing even with the 3 liter I6.

edit: there is nowhere to put a large 15” pizza in the interior of the S2000

Can confirm it can be a challenge to fit things in an S2000. Ikea runs are out of the question (yes, even having things stick out the open top - the angle from the footwell to the top of the passenger seat / roll hoop is too sharp). But you can do just fine if you think about it beforehand, and with soft luggage it can definitely carry two people on a weekend trip.

I owned a 996 for a few years and it was an awesome car. No IMS issues either. Agreed on the chintzy interior plastics. The factory speakers also sounded god awful. Otherwise, it was maybe the best car I've ever owned. It drove like an absolute dream.

i won’t lie I’ve thought about a 996 or 997…. But every time I sit in either of those I am just so disappointed with the interior quality. I rather just get an air cooled, which are now priced through the roof.

997 is definitely a big step up from the 996 though. At least in terms of design.
However those early 997's are still coated in whatever rubbery black crap VW/Audi/Porsche liked to use that bubbles/chips/peels off of the radio controls and ac controls and other bits...

The e46m unmolested has aged out of the wrong crowd near me. Of all the cars I have driven it’s the most rewarding as a DD, track toy, weekend bomber. It’s considered the pinnacle of bmw i6’s.

but have you thought about first Gen soft top z4’s? Those are amazing even with the 3 liter I6.
I'll second the z4 rec. And for the record, some E30s are i4s (the 318i, etc.), but most were outfitted (both of mine, and Archer's), with the M20 straight-6.

- Honda S2000 (edited as I forgot it the first time around, duh): ticks all the right boxes and a strong contender in the list atm.

- Jaguar XJS - XJ-S convertible: a true gentleman's car... and supposedly due to appreciate. (thoughts?)
I'd take the S2000 in your budget but my nephew spent ages finding one that hadn't been mucked about with.

The XJS is a very different car but the later AJ16 engined variants are terrific. My wife has one and it's a wonderful old (1995) thing.

Jags are nice but like driving a lounge.
A bit before your C is my 3.8 E-Type. My lounge has dreadful understeer and wallows through corners but the E doesn't seem to...😁

Edit: Forgot the picture and looks like I also forgot to hit the apex here🤦...

Cheers, Chris
Edited:

I'd take the S2000 in your budget but my nephew spent ages finding one that hadn't been mucked about with.

The XJS is a very different car but the later AJ16 engined variants are terrific. My wife has one and it's a wonderful old (1995) thing.

A bit before your C is my 3.8 E-Type. My lounge has dreadful understeer and wallows through corners but the E doesn't seem to...😁

Edit: Forgot the picture and looks like I also forgot to hit the apex here🤦...

Cheers, Chris

I was looking to buy a XJS12 a few years ago but after trying several out I quickly realized that this British master piece 🤦 was not for me.
They all suffered from a lack of power and drove like undersprung horse drawn carriages wallowing from one corner to the next.
I am guessing that the performance of these Jags is what spurred lots of aftermarket rebuilders of this fine marque of car, though I could go a nice 1968 MKII manual 2.5 V8 or the larger engined version so long as it was manual.

What ever you get - older is better. Driving “experience” is magnified in an old Brit sports car, without travelling at illegal or dangerous speeds. In other words you can enjoy yourself at lower overal speeds. So for me that knocks Porsche’s out - they are too good.

Jags are nice but like driving a lounge.

I have this:

Hugely rewarding to drive, and I haven’t lost my licence yet. Well not in this.
I am seeing some tasteful modifications.....

absolutely! that's what I said anything older than e30 😀

Certainly a great car the Z4, but it doesn't trigger much emotions in me... so that's out of the list 😀