Hard getting 1120 movement to start again after stopping

Hello all,
I've got a De Ville Prestige that is twenty or twenty-five years old with the 1120 movement. It was supposedly serviced by the merchant I bought it from on Ebay. It loses a little time, but as long as I keep it from stopping it keeps going. It has been a little over a year now.

The problem occurs when I let it stop. Restarting it has been difficult. It fully winds and clicks then moves a few seconds and stops again. I figure it's time for a full service. But I always leave the watch on its side and on the same side. I happened to lay it on the other side and left it alone for a week. Now it started. Does this point to anything in particular? Am I looking at a full service, and should I send it to Omega?

It points to the fact that your seller most likely lied about it having been serviced in order to get someone to buy it.

Just get it serviced, either by a local watchmaker with an Omega parts account, or Omega themselves. It’s really your choice.

Like 3
There is much discussion of service options on OF. I urge you to search the threads and learn about the pros and cons of Omega service vs. service by a skilled watchmaker with access to Omega parts.