Forums Latest Members

Happy Anniversary OF: Reminisce with your all-time favorite photos

1. Vitezi Mar 24, 2016

As far as I can tell, the very first OF post was an introduction by Trev on Mar 24, 2011.
    Which makes today something of an anniversary!

I thought we could celebrate by using a feature that makes OF so useful: This forum does a superb job of keeping photos embedded in the threads. Thank you for that!

Let's reminisce about days long gone by sifting through some threads and posting your all-time favorite photos of watches.

To make it fun, I might suggest that you can not currently own the watches in your all-time favorite photos (dibs!), the photos must come from OF threads, and to limit yourself to your top three watches. No fair listing every photo @MSNWatch has ever posted. I didn't say this would be easy!

I’ll start: Although I deeply admire vintage watches from all makes, my collector’s heart always skips a beat when I come across an early Tissot, as this is where I learned about watches. So my three all-time favorite OF photos are:

A @LouS chronograph from a 2012 thread:
    [​IMG]

A rare chronometer from a 2015 thread:
    [​IMG]

and an @MSNWatch chronograph from a 2012 post:
    [​IMG]

Now it is your turn to raid the virtual watchboxes of your favorite OF collectors!
    (I sense a thread drift ahead.)
    And happy anniversary, OF!

aap and Darlinboy like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 24, 2016

watchme, Vitezi and oddboy like this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2016

None of these are mine :rolleyes:
    9595159904_5b39e4db587_z.jpg

MSNCent2500.jpg Mikes.jpg
    Vitezi and OMGRLX like this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 24, 2016

Mine is easy this photo the three times or more the owner has posted it.
    Seen in he's Turtle Tuesday thread

image.jpeg

5. dx009 Mar 24, 2016

No pictures at the moment but I just wanted to say that this is the best/simplest/most modern forum I've ever been on. It's simple yet offers you plenty of options. Whatever code the forum is using, kudos to whoever chose it and maintains it.

ahartfie, nlogax and OMGRLX like this.
  6. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 24, 2016

This was mine..Never took all of the factory plastic completely off :)
    P1180272.JPG

KstateSkier and OMGRLX like this.
  7. Severin Mar 24, 2016

For me, virtually anything in the "vintage black dials only" thread. Pancake on rabbit's head comes close, as does the personification of "Chronocreep" below: 450e50d0-8ae7-4de8-b5cb-56f61abaea69_zpsficdu97v.jpg

Giff2577, flw and OMGRLX like this.
  8. KstateSkier Mar 24, 2016

I know its not yours but that Ed White dial is so crisp and beautiful! Like a glorious sunset!!!!

9. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 24, 2016

Being an Omega Fanatic, this is one of my all time favorites.

upload_2016-3-24_9-59-40.png

Of course, there are also the pics that the speedy hoarders post with multiple speedys, those too are amazing.

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2016

Not a White, MSNwatch's 2998-1

11. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 24, 2016

Oh that one ::rimshot::Yowsa' ::psy::

12. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 24, 2016

I've enjoyed snapping watch photos with my cell phone, prettying them up a little, and posting them here. But my all-time favourite photos are these:

Grissom, White, Chaffee -- men blessed with an overabundance of the Right Stuff

Apollo1_crop.jpg
    image credit: NASA

Alan [and Louise] Shepard.
    Shepard was the hardest of the original hard men. Did you know that when his Mercury capsule re-entered Earth's atmosphere after a sub-orbital flight, the g-force topped out at just under 12g? [probably more g-force than any any other astronaut has endured during space flight]. What delights me most about this particular photo is that Shepard is wearing his Speedmaster at a time that was probably, for him, very discouraging. He had lost his flight status due to an inner ear condition and was never able to participate in the Gemini program though he was probably the most qualified astronaut in the corps. This photo tells me that although he could have chosen any other watch to wear, he's wearing this watch because he genuinely likes it.

Alan_Louise_Shepard_crop.jpg
    image credit: Life magazine

Edited Mar 24, 2016
    GregH, Giff2577, dx009 and 1 other person like this.
  13. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Mar 24, 2016

Let's see...

Tom Dick's Megaquartz 32 Seamaster: I love the gigantic hour markers, the blue dial, and the TV shape. About the only thing that could make it better for me would be a bracelet.
    [​IMG]

His stardust Constellation would have been mine had I been a member when he was selling it:
    [​IMG]

Finally, I don't know if a Speedmaster will ever grace my wrist, but this one sure is nice.
    [​IMG]

Happy anniversary, OF!

--Adam

14. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 24, 2016

Ah, speedmasters... not mine regrettably.

pyramid-3_of Speedmasters.jpg

And

Stairway to speedy heaven.jpg

GregH likes this.
  15. ulackfocus Mar 24, 2016

My favorite photos were the ones altered by Mr. Photoshop.

There's the one of Captain Jack Sparrow with my face inserted titled 'Pirate Approved' back when we didn't forget about Talk Like a Pirate Day (Sept 19th), the one where many of the moderator's faces were inserted onto the crew of an old skiff, and 'Dirty Ashley' which is a screen shot from Dirty Harry with Ashley's (dsio) mug photoshopped over Clint Eastwood's face.

Hey @cicindela - a little help with posting them?