Hands-On With The New 2024 Omega Speedmaster FOiS (First Omega in Space)

Posts
204
Likes
332
Thanks for the new thread. This plus a white speedy would be a nice two-piece speedy collection thats actually attainable.
 
Posts
204
Likes
332
I think I just gave up that battle
Ha! Post some of those nice outdoor shots like you do when you get it.
 
Posts
4,054
Likes
8,766
Ha! Post some of those nice outdoor shots like you do when you get it.

MUST RESIST

So.... my wife walked into my office space and saw what I was looking at, and her reaction was NOT helpful.


She thinks it's absolutely gorgeous.
 
Posts
22
Likes
42
Any ideas when these will start hitting boutiques in the States?
 
Posts
2,378
Likes
11,242
I like it, but having bought two moonwatches and a NTTD this year I have to pass for now...
 
Posts
295
Likes
620
I'm just happy Omega has a new sapphire crystal for the Speedmaster. Hopefully they'll start using it for the Speedy Pro sapphire sandwich in the near future.
 
Posts
185
Likes
571
MUST RESIST

So.... my wife walked into my office space and saw what I was looking at, and her reaction was NOT helpful.


She thinks it's absolutely gorgeous.
Same thing happened to me, I saw it as the door was open so I gave it a kick and emailed my usual OB to put me on "The List" 🙄. I have no will power!

Josh
 
Posts
527
Likes
2,130
This is such a massive win. Soleil sunburst. Pumpkin lume that actually looks good. Solid hypocampus caseback. New 3861. This ticks SOOO many boxes. I bet all of the people that wanted the 321 Ed White would like to pick this up. Wow. Solid release Omega. Cheers.
 
Posts
221
Likes
490
Fantastic update…mostly!

Killer dial, great bracelet option, appropriate DON bezel, and interesting take on the sapphire crystal. I even like the faux-tina lume. Though the price is higher than the OG FOIS, as others have pointed out it is in line with the other SS 3861 Speedmaster references.

To pick nits, I’m still not a fan of the running seconds hand differing from those for the hour and minute counters…it sets off my OCD-o-meter every time I see it! That’s a relatively easy fix however…
 
Posts
337
Likes
280
I’m not usually a fan of sapphire crystals, but I want to see this one. Looks like they may finally have gotten the profile right. And that is a great looking dial!
 
Posts
2,044
Likes
7,186
Any ideas when these will start hitting boutiques in the States?
They should be "available" now...
 
Posts
2,044
Likes
7,186
Fantastic update…mostly!

Killer dial, great bracelet option, appropriate DON bezel, and interesting take on the sapphire crystal. I even like the faux-tina lume. Though the price is higher than the OG FOIS, as others have pointed out it is in line with the other SS 3861 Speedmaster references.

To pick nits, I’m still not a fan of the running seconds hand differing from those for the hour and minute counters…it sets off my OCD-o-meter every time I see it! That’s a relatively easy fix however…
...and interestingly, Wally Shirra's CK2998-4 only had baton hands for the subdials.
 
Posts
118
Likes
200
To pick nits, I’m still not a fan of the running seconds hand differing from those for the hour and minute counters…it sets off my OCD-o-meter every time I see it! That’s a relatively easy fix however…
...and interestingly, Wally Shirra's CK2998-4 only had baton hands for the subdials.
I'm with you on that. Otherwise really a beautiful release. The only other small nitpick I have is the two markers between the minutes. Would've loved it to have the four markers that the original has. But I understand that it's due to the beat rate of the movement.
 
Posts
527
Likes
2,130
Just got an offer from my OB (lower Manhatten) to come grab one. They have a few available. They will start delivering first pieces this Sunday 10/6. FYSA
 
Posts
600
Likes
1,539
...and interestingly, Wally Shirra's CK2998-4 only had baton hands for the subdials.
Think the prevailing view is that subdials hands on his watch were swapped out in service and leaf hands are correct on a 2998-4 with stick hands being introduced on a -5.
 
Posts
109
Likes
77
The real OG - picture of Wally’s watch from an Omega expo in NYC from last year.

wn1l3hC.jpeg
 
Posts
4
Likes
10
Just found one here in Spain, do you think guys asking for a minimum would be accepted? I paid full price for the white one earlier this year and now drives me nuts..

Thanks

 
Posts
4,054
Likes
8,766
Just found one here in Spain, do you think guys asking for a minimum would be accepted? I paid full price for the white one earlier this year and now drives me nuts..

Thanks


On release day? That's wishful thinking on your part.
 
Posts
2,698
Likes
3,017
Here on OF, this watch is a homerun. Obviously since this is OF, we're going to like this release a lot more. Over on TRF, the general consensus is "looks nice but fauxtina ruins it" to "I hate it because of fauxtina"/
 
Posts
225
Likes
495
Quite hard to see colour inside the boutique. Looked almost black. Really weird, they wouldn’t let me take it outside to view in daylight…..