Forums Latest Members

Hand written serial on a warranty card

1. llvhhui Jul 14, 2020

I noticed some Omega warranty cards are not only missing the date, even the watch number and serial are hand written. How did that happen? I mean any idiot can buy a blank card on ebay and hand write a fake watch's serial on the card with a sharpie...

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 14, 2020

It happened by the Seller not filling out the cards at the time the purchase was made. I bought a PO directly from an AD a few years ago and he gave me the cards with no info filled in except for the stamp for his shop. I asked him about it, and he said to just fill it in when/ if I needed to send the watch to Omega for warranty service. Omega has no way of knowing who actually wrote the info on the cards.

3. Evitzee Jul 14, 2020

Some cards are blank as they are received from the distributor, that's just the way it is. I've bought several Omega's from ADs where the dealer entered the reference number, watch number and date manually at time of sale. The Pictogram card on a CK2998 I bought from a Caribbean AD was pre-preprinted with Ref no, Watch no. and Limited Edition Number, but the Warranty Card was blank except for the dealer's name. The shop girl filled in Ref. no, watch no and sale date with an indelible marker when I bought it. Omega doesn't know when a watch was sold.....the CK2998 was in the AD stock for over two years until I bought it. Even though they received it in 2016, I bought it in Dec 2018 and therefore it falls under the new 5 year warranty policy. I've learned not to ask too many questions in these sorts of situations.

If something really weird happens, like a 15 year old watch gets sold as new they can always ask for the receipt to show it is still covered by the warranty.

Edited Jul 14, 2020
  4. OmeGez Jul 14, 2020

I’m sure that a blank card holds quite a bit of value in the Rolex world.

5. Evitzee Jul 14, 2020

Omega ain't Rolex.