Forums Latest Members
  1. 64Wing Feb 15, 2021

Ok all, have my first issue with my Hamilton H69439931. I dropped it directly on the plexi this morning on a concrete floor from about 1 or 2 feet. Surprisingly, the crystal still isn't scratched, so nod to Hamilton for that.

What I realized was that the watch stopped. So I gave it a few winds (only accepted about 6 as I just wound it last evening or so). Tapped on it and it started running. Left it on top of tool box and proceeded with my current tasks. When I came back it had stopped again. Tapped it again, stopped a minute later. I realized the seconds hand was stopping just shy of the minute hand each time.

I think what happened is the minute hand bent toward the dome just enough to interfere with the seconds hand.

I confirmed this by gently using the crown to send the minute hand forward. It passed beneath the second hand fine. But when I came backward toward the seconds hand, it seemed to grab it and push it backward as well. Only allowed this direction of travel for 2 seconds of sweep.

Question to you wizards is: what do I do now?

2. SkunkPrince Feb 15, 2021

Take it in for service. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean that other parts aren't bent or broken. You'll need a full service because every piece needs to come out for inspection.

Spruce and sleepyastronaut like this.
  3. 64Wing Feb 15, 2021

Kinda what I was thinking. It's a shame, but these are the things that can happen. Still pleased with the robustness of this piece. I've beat the tar out of it from day one. Guess I'll have to go back to wearing my flieger for a while...oh darn lol