Forums Latest Members
  1. Lenny Pepperidge Sep 2, 2019

I'm looking to see if any members might have any info on this. I've had it for several years. It's a mid-century electric wall clock from Hamilton. When I received it there was no plug-in cord; I added that. It was essentially meant to be hot wired directly into the wall. Any info if this was a commercial item that they sold? Was it a corporate item? It has a very 50s/early 60s corporate boardroom look to it. Or--as is my hunch--was this something meant to be hung behind the Hamilton watch display in a jewelry or department store. Any thoughts and info would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 2, 2019
    Deafboy likes this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 2, 2019

I'd say that your hunch is correct. I rather doubt that the signature would be so prominent were it meant to be other than marketing in a dealer's shop.

Though he is retired, if Renee Rondeau's email is still active, he may be able to provide some insight. He specialized in repairing and restoring Hamilton electric watches for decades.

http://rondeau.net/repair.html

In any case, it's a nice and uncommon clock. Thanks for sharing.

Lenny Pepperidge likes this.
  3. wagudc Sep 2, 2019

Our last house, built in 1949, had these in the kitchen and living room for electrical wall clocks.

images.jpeg

Edited Sep 3, 2019
    Lenny Pepperidge likes this.