Forums Latest Members

SOLD Halios Seaforth No-Date Diver: Grey Sunburst Dial, Steel Bezel

1. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 27, 2021

Up for sale is probably the coolest watch that I hardly ever wear. I’m selling this watch in order to re-focus my collection.

The photos don’t do justice to the grey sunburst dial combined with aqua-blue hour accents and text. I purchased this watch directly from Halios four or five years ago as a possible “beater-diver” but it’s so nice-looking that I never had the heart to put it in danger. I’d be surprised if I’d worn it more than a dozen times since I’ve owned it.

I’m not sure to which Generation this Seaforth belongs, but it’s powered by a Miyota 9015 movement. The watch runs properly and is a good time keeper.

[Edit: I was informed by an Halios aficionado that based on the watch's serial number, mine would be a Gen. 3 Seaforth and should be running on an ETA 2824-2 which is supposed to be the more desirable of the two calibres. I'm not going to risk compromising the watch's factory water-tightness by taking a peek inside, so I can't confirm this one way or another. Whatever's in there, it's still a fabulous piece]

I measure the case diameter at 39.5mm plus about 1.0mm of bezel overhang. For a serious dive watch it’s about as thin as they come, which I think is one of the most attractive features of this model: I measure the thickness at 12.25mm including the crystal. Lug width is 20mm.

I had to look hard to find any significant marks or scratches and about all I could find are some marks under the lugs that are the result of a handful strap changes.

The sale includes the OEM rubber strap and OEM cloth/leather-lined strap shown in the photos.

The watch is priced at USD $775.00

Payment is only by Paypal or Face-to-Face cash in the metro Los Angeles area. To make this offering as attractive and pain-free as possible I will absorb the Paypal fees and pay for insured shipping within the United States. Sale of this item is final: it may not be returned unless it has been grossly misrepresented in this description. I reserve the right to refuse sale to any individual with whom I have reservations about their willingness or ability to conduct a secure and legitimate transaction.

Note: this is my first watch sale on the Forum (or anywhere else for that matter) so I can’t provide links to buyer reviews. I can, however, provide references to other Forum members from whom I’ve purchased watches and with whom I have spent time in-person at Get-Togethers and other watch-related events.

Halios_01.jpg

Halios_02.jpg

Halios_03.jpg

Halios_04.jpg

Halios_05.jpg

Halios_06.jpg

Halios_07.jpg

Halios_08.jpg

Halios_09.jpg

Halios_10.jpg

Halios_11.jpg

Edited Jul 27, 2021
    abrod520, Syrte, Zdzislaw and 7 others like this.
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 30, 2021

Now on its way to its new home :)

Thanks Omega Forums for use of this facility.

wagudc likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 30, 2021

Awesome piece congrats to buyer and seller.

kinda bummed I didn’t see this.

Also for the record I will vouch for this seller even if he hasn’t sold a piece before this.

Jones in LA likes this.
  4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 30, 2021

Thanks for the support @Foo2rama !

I've decided to give my collection a little KonMari treatment, so there will be more sales coming.

I wasn't aware how strong of a following Halios has. I had to keep a time-log record of interested buyers in order to be fair in choosing who to deal with first. I doubt I'll be this fortunate for most future sales.

Foo2rama likes this.