Forums Latest Members
  1. Happy Jul 18, 2020

my 50th next year and I really really like the grey side.

Anyone own this beauty?

What's people's thoughts?

At 44.5mm maybe a little to big for me

2. kelsey Jul 18, 2020

I’ve seen it on a small wrist and I think it wears small well for a 44.25mm.
    I find the 42mm speedy wears to large on me however the darkside Apollo 8 44.25mm wears perfect. It’s thinner though then the grey.

Which grey side? Look at YouTube videos, Tim at watchbox reviews has a small wrist he demos one and it looks fine on him.
    Have you got a chance to try one?

fastPanda and Dogmann like this.
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 18, 2020

The thought is "but it if YOU like it" -- no one else's opinion really matters because you have your own criteria for what is important and what isn't.

The DSoTM and GSoTM are what drew me to Omega, but instead of buying one I veered into a PO and a couple manual-wind Speedmasters. I eventually picked up a GSoTM variant that I like very much, but I don't wear it all that often (maybe one or two times/ months pre-Covid).

The watch size is a personal thing, and whether or not it might look too big cannot be determined without some photos of one on your wrist. For me, the watch is a little bigger than I like, but the lugs don't really overhang the sides of the wrist so it looks okay (to me).

Honestly, I have never bought a watch based on how others thought it may suit/ fit me.

airansun, Dogmann and 3nicewatches like this.
  4. Happy Jul 18, 2020

Yeah I have watched the Tim YouTube video, it's a toss up between the grey and the black.

I will definitely visit my AD and see if I can try them on.
    When I was in the other week they had a black in which looked lovely but didn't want to ask to try it.

Wish I had now!!

5. bruin20 Jul 18, 2020

Have you considered the Apollo 8? I have a standard speedy and an Apollo 8 and the Apollo 8 seems slimmer than the standard just due to the overall proportions.

If you don't want a manual wind though I would go for the GSOTM. Have tried it before and the dial is amazing.

Dogmann likes this.
  6. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jul 18, 2020

I believe @larryganz has one...or two.

Regarding others opinions though, the @BlackTalon answer was spot on

Dogmann likes this.
  7. dinexus Jul 18, 2020

Far and away my favorite "...of the Moon" ceramic watches. As others have pointed out, the 44.25mm Speedies do wear smaller than their specs suggest, thanks to a short L2L – particularly in ceramic too, which is lighter than the stainless steel versions.

8. Omega-Q Jul 18, 2020

The grey side is such a beautiful watch. I almost pulled the trigger on the one with the meteorite dial, but decided not to. Like others said...if you like it, just do it! My 40th is this year...hmmmmmmm......haha! :)

9. s2000_driver Jul 19, 2020

Yeah, grey side is stunning. Unfortunately it is too big for my wrist. But the Apollo 8 50th on the other hand wears much smaller and works. It is the mix of the black and slim case. It is really surprising how different these two models wear even though they are both 44.25mm.

Best to try them on in person. Whatever you choose, you won't go wrong...

10. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 19, 2020

Every thread could benefit pictures
    P8297296.jpg
    P8297300.jpg

11. whyboddau Jul 19, 2020

I think the grey side wears smaller than the 44.25mm suggests. It feels very similar to my speedy pros. The ceramic makes it feather light by comparison.

DD0637FE-8429-43BC-A5FB-3951A1B3C354.jpeg 39362E0F-93F2-4ED5-A17B-0009C41A882B.jpeg

AustinTech, kelsey, Wetworks and 3 others like this.
  12. bruin20 Jul 19, 2020

13. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 19, 2020

It's the angle of the camera and lighting. Those pics came from Fratello, which is a legit source. They worked with Omega to create the Speedy Tuesday watch. If you look at where the light is hitting the crystal, it's around the 1 indice. You can see a soft shadow is created as a result of this and the shadow runs down the left side of the 12 indice, making it appear much closer to the left lume plop, which as a result makes it look much further away from the right lume plop.

14. EricCsN Jul 19, 2020

I love the material of the dial; didnt realise until I saw this picture that it is made of Platinum. Which means it will last a millineum - like gold - in the same condition as new

Happy likes this.
  15. YY77 Jul 19, 2020

And then there is the other GSOTM::love::

Omega_Grey_Side_Of_The_Moon_Meteorite_1.jpg
    J C, Wetworks and Happy like this.
  16. Happy Jul 19, 2020

Thanks for the replies, I'm just trying to gain some information on the watch. People's experience with it who may own or had the privilege of trying it on.

I like to try and gather as much information as I can on a watch. I did the same when I bought my 42mm PO.

But like some have said if I like it I will buy it.

Absolutely love the look of the dial !!

17. Wetworks Jul 19, 2020

It's a grail watch for me. I tired it on at a OB while getting my SMP rubber strap. I was surprised at how close it compared to the Diver considering that it's wider and thicker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AustinTech, kelsey and Happy like this.
  18. Happy Jul 19, 2020

Great picture they don't look much different at all

Thanks

Wetworks likes this.
  19. buramu Jul 20, 2020

I think the GSotM is by far the prettiest Speedmaster ever made. If it weren't so far out of budget I would have picked it over the regular Professional. That watch on the grey croc strap ::love::

Happy and Wetworks like this.
  20. Bugbait Jul 20, 2020

I like all the ceramic SotM watches. The ceramic wears well and and with the lack of weight compared to steel you can have it looser on the wrist and it won't wiggle around. Unless you have really hairy wrists the sapphire back helps to keep it in place against the skin. While a tighter strap fit may look neater, a bit looser is much more comfortable and can be kept on the same hole all year round.

Happy likes this.