Forums Latest Members
  1. Elias564 May 4, 2020

Welcome!!

Pipo1202 likes this.
  2. Pipo1202 May 4, 2020

Do you have any watchmakers you could advice me in Lyon region ?

3. Lurk41 May 4, 2020

As far as i am concerned, I would say in France region :D
    (I tried one in Cannes but was not happy about his services - not that he was bad, but the customer relationship could have been be way better)

It is possible you will find an answer here, but I guess you will have more luck asking french watch forums

Bonjour à tous au passage :thumbsup:

4. Pipo1202 May 4, 2020

I asked here as there are many French replying in this thread!

5. Als 27 May 5, 2020

Bonjour & welcome Pipo:)
    I'm in La Rochelle west coast ....
    I have used the following company they have good communication & cover many different makes & manufactures.
    i have no complaints, & carried out everything on line.
    Heurequal 54
    Atelier Degron 54425 Pulnoy
    Check them out on line, they are closed at the moment due to the current situation all depends what you want.
    bonne chance bonne courage :thumbsup:

Pipo1202 likes this.
  6. Als 27 May 5, 2020

Pipo 1202
    Merci .... i do point out that i have no connection or involvement with the above company.
    I sent a watch to be repaired as they were the recommended Repair agent for that brand.
    Bonne chance :)

Pipo1202 likes this.
  7. Servius May 9, 2020

@140dave
    Well I actually work on in vitro plants, so... No need for waterproof watches ;) But the more I'm getting into this hobby, the more I'm tending to favour screw-in cases, at least for everyday use.

@Pipo1202

Not really, don't know the region at all... And that's depending on the kind of work that you need. Maybe ask on french forums (forumamontres, chronomania), they may advise you better :)

8. TimeODanaos May 9, 2020

Bienvenu, @Servius ! Je vous souhaite les bons temps ici (or words to that effect...)
    You have done me the great favour of bringing together a sudden gathering of the Francophonie here: this may be my best chance of ever getting the right answer to my mystery. Are you, or anyone familiar with French-cased Omega of the 1940s/1950s, able to identify this mark, please?

10b max mag w ink.jpg

Thank you, and again welcome.

9. Servius May 10, 2020

@TimeODanaos

Merci !
    About your mark, it doesn't look like any mark that I know... The one on the right looks like the french mark for gold 18k (eagle head). Could the mysterious one be the mark of the case maker? ::confused2::

10. TimeODanaos May 10, 2020

Thanks, yes, I am hoping it's the maker's mark. I wish I could be more certain about the letters. Perhaps I see "F" there, maybe signifying "Frères"... Who knows! :rolleyes: