Grandads Omega ex Royal Marine

Hi everyone,

My uncle inherited this Omega from my grandfather, he was a Royal Marine, which doesn’t have any connection to the watch, I don’t think, I’d like to find out what the reference number or name of it is!? I’ve tried matching it, but there’s always a slight variation, of particular note is the solo number at 12, the honeycomb dial (I believe that’s the correct term) shape of the index markers and the type of subdial.

I realise it could be a service dial or had some changes over the years so harder to place.

As the watch can’t be shared I’d like to find the same model to add to my collection, I’m the watch geek of the family.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I’d like to find out what the reference number or name of it is!?
It’s probably not going to have a model name. The reference number should be inside the caseback.

A local watchmaker should have the necessary tools to open the back so you can take pictures and post them here.
gatorcpa

Can you unscrew the caseback? You’ll get the reference info there.

’ve tried matching it, but there’s always a slight variation, of particular note is the solo number at 12, the honeycomb dial (I believe that’s the correct term) shape of the index markers and the type of subdial.

Too often people, usually but not limited to ones new to vintage watches fixate on finding exact dial matches. With some references having many (perhaps dozens) of correct dials, it's actually the specifics of the case design which defines a reference (model).