Forums Latest Members
  1. JPE.88305 Feb 14, 2023

Discount fois gras is my favorite.

blubarb, Twocats, Spruce and 3 others like this.
  2. JPE.88305 Feb 14, 2023

Honesty though, moderating your food intake (in terms of quality and quantity) is just as important as cardiovascular exercise.

YYTIN, DaveK, blubarb and 5 others like this.
  3. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Feb 14, 2023

Shit, forgot to post a photo. I also work out in the yard, if I haven’t got the time to go to the gym. Have a trap bar for deadlifting, over-head presses etc. a heavy-ass battle rope and a 80 lbs punching bag.
    28F446A3-509E-477E-BAD2-7C023696A774.jpeg

And the reward: coffee in my favourite mug :)
    F595C92F-026E-4A13-90A3-F83030D5DC66.jpeg

4. Davidt Feb 14, 2023

I had an injury a few years ago (actually it’s not a few, it’s about 18 years ago! Wow) which meant I couldn’t lift weights or run so I started swimming a mile 2 or 3 times a week. I really enjoyed the calming effect it had but as soon as I healed I moved on. It’s something I’d like to get into again when time allows.

Similarly I’ve always fancied boxing. A mate went from zero experience to charity bout last year and it really appealed to me. Again, I just need the time so it’s on my list.

Edited Feb 14, 2023
    Duracuir1, lillatroll, wagudc and 2 others like this.
  5. M'Bob Feb 14, 2023

Have you guys tried the “125” workout? I used to try and lift heavy, and got adequate gains:

BA33FB63-E4E4-4A5D-9E3A-016D08CA8CDC.jpeg

But then I tried the 125, and the additional, proximal loading made such a huge improvement in my biomechanics, and ultimate results. Remember to switch arms!

FBA184D3-2587-469A-B232-A9666B8DE8BD.jpeg

Omegafanman, MTROIS, Twocats and 9 others like this.
  6. Dsloan Feb 14, 2023

What is the "125" workout? From the before/after pictures, it seems to make vintage tool watches sprout on your wrists?

noelekal, DaveK, blubarb and 2 others like this.
  7. Shabbaz Feb 14, 2023

I play padel nowadays. And a bit of golf. But since november I have a hernia. So now I only ride my bike. Yesterday 40 and today 50km. Beautiful day in the Netherlands.

My problem is I love food and wines. I probably go out for dinner twice a week. So even though I have enough sports I still need to lose weight. I'm 46 so it's does'nt come for free.

A couple of pictures of today snd yesterday on my bike

Screenshot_20230214_215605_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230214_215554_Gallery.jpg
    YYTIN, noelekal, Omegafanman and 4 others like this.
  8. Pastorbottle Feb 14, 2023

Looks good, but that green stuff………no sir I don’t like it!

If man isn’t meant to eat animals…….why are they made of meat? ::stirthepot:::D

akshayluc420 and p4ul like this.
  9. SC1 Feb 14, 2023

Don't often share it, it's old news anyway so most people in the "Dazzle Me with Only New News" of the internet don't give a fuck these days, but yes -- yes I have a fitness regime.

Nearly died from morbid obesity... rejected all the traditional forms of "help" & passing the buck for my woes, and instead got pissed, dug in, owned it, focused on it and changed it.

https://www.bicycling.com/health-nutrition/a20018729/losing-weight-by-riding-a-bike/

https://www.active.com/cycling/articles/ultrafit-large-fella-on-a-bike

10. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Feb 14, 2023

Sensational! Congratulations!

ErichPryde and Walrus like this.
  11. bananapeanut Feb 14, 2023

Funny how pretty much everyone has a gym membership now and how most gym goers don't even look athletic at all. And yet they're addicted to energy drinks and protein shakes just the same. Back in the days the gym rats were all serious bodybuilders and powerlifters who were big and strong without relying as must on supplements. Peanut butter and bananas get the job done for me (in case that wasn't obvious) ;)

Edited Feb 14, 2023
    NGO1, noelekal, akshayluc420 and 2 others like this.
  12. ghce Feb 14, 2023

I used to swim about 6 to 7 KM a week but had to give it up with the onset of Gilberts syndrome, really used to enjoy long distance swimming and could literally swim all day if I chose too.
    Swimming was my primary exercise to keep me fit, on one occasion I was asked if I would run a Marathon which I agreed too. No training just doing, was entirely successful with no tiredness during the run at all. Swimming keeps you fit for every thing.

Fast forward a couple of decades with health issues and 40 extra pounds I last week started a raw food diet, purely plant based, hoping that this will increase my longevity, might have to try some exercise too as that is as equally important if not more so than diet.

NGO1, YYTIN, DaveK and 3 others like this.
  13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 14, 2023

Gym every other day. Nordic Walking every other day. Then sailing, cycling, XC Skiing, Hiking, Gardening. No days without some sort of workout.

YYTIN, noelekal, DaveK and 7 others like this.
  14. Dsloan Feb 14, 2023

Holy moly that was an intense read! Congrats!

MTROIS and Syzygy like this.
  15. OneTwo Feb 14, 2023

@Duracuir1 wild timing for this thread as I was just thinking about needing to get back in a routine. Had the opportunity to snowboard in Mammoth last week for 3 days, and sheesh, I'm more out of shape than I realized. Was still able to put in 6-8hours a day but it was not was as easy as it used to be. Gotta get back on my old routine.

@SC1 it may be old news to you but it was a hell of a read and incredibly inspiring, congratulations!

Duracuir1 and lillatroll like this.
  16. Cenzo Feb 14, 2023

I played baseball as a kid, but never in HS nor College. A friend asks me when I was 18 if I wanted to play in a men's baseball league and I joined, thinking I will try it for one year and see how it goes. Well, 40 year later I am still playing. I've played every summer since then. It's regular, hardball baseball. Men's senior baseball league (MSBL) has leagues all over the states. As the years go by you move up to older leagues. 30 and over, 40 and over, 50 and over - so you are playing against people near your age.

Besides the game, the comradery is what brings me back. I have teammates I have been playing with for decades. Once you get married and have kids it's hard to find time to be with friends. With baseball there are good friends I will see 20-30 times during the summer, As you get older it's harder to play a kids game, so stretching and working out is necessary to continue to play and not get hurt. I do a workout app that is like a glorified hs gym class. Pushups, squats, sit-ups, squats, burpees, etc, etc. I do 3 days on and one day off. Also stretching and exercising with bands for shoulders and legs to be able to throw still.

If you ever thought of playing baseball as an adult, go check out the MSBL in your area. As I get older I enjoy each season more and more knowing I am running on borrowed time to be able to play baseball at 57.

The nice thing about the MSBL is you can go play in a national tournament in Arizona in October against teams from all over the country. Several different divisions based on how many, if any, ex-pros you have on your team. We played in the no ex-pro division last year and won it all. You play ten 9-inning games in 6 days to win it all. Teams fall apart if they are not fit around day 4. It becomes a war of attrition, especially at this age, All the push-ups were worth it at the end of the week.

az.jpg

NGO1, noelekal, blubarb and 12 others like this.
  17. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Feb 14, 2023

I work out with the DUNKIN’ BOX O’ JOE…

0A6616BB-0F65-417F-83EA-D09F3A87DF09.jpeg

…and the MWO book…

49AA7DD2-3CAC-44D4-94CC-87CCC27EEA13.jpeg

YYTIN, ErichPryde, DaveK and 23 others like this.
  18. wagudc Feb 14, 2023

That is cool. I live in a small community that could never support such leagues. Today I played pick-up soccer with a mixed group: a couple high school kids, a current Div. II female university soccer player, a 26 year-old guy who recently retired from professional soccer (he played on the US under 18 national team, but couldn't really make it to the big pro leagues), a random college girl who was kicking around a ball, some skilled college-aged guys, and a few of us old guys including one who is 69. It keeps me fit trying to stay up with the youngsters, and it is amazing to see the high level of skill. The guy who was pro can play on another level. He usually takes it easy on everyone, but when he tries it is like somebody entered the cheat code on a video game.

19. Walrus Feb 14, 2023

I swim for exercise but I can only do the back stroke or it puts my cigarettes or cigars out.

As a few others here I boxed for fun and exercise but a bad shoulder took that away. Hiking and light climbing are cool. I think my side jobs repairs/painting etc can count as exercise or maybe I’m fooling myself.

ErichPryde, DaveK, noelekal and 2 others like this.
  20. Walrus Feb 14, 2023

Wild man. I know from working with people with various eating disorders how hard they can be to manage. I also have a friend who I think kinda hides from the world due to his obesity, I feel quite bad for him as he’s a truly nice human. He tries some changes but never seems to stick with it. I wish I could do more for him.

Omegafanman likes this.