Forums Latest Members
  1. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Mar 16, 2021

Redial but a nice one. Interesting knot. Curious to see the movement! Rare reference 12440 anyway.

@Mods cant this thread be moved to the UG forum?

Edited Mar 16, 2021
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 16, 2021

@kbluddite welcome to the forum, there was a time when refurbishing dials was a routine part of servicing a watch. Many watches got refinished dials that way.
    Collectors because they are collectors have a preference for watches which are closer to how they left the factory— but you don’t need the watch to be anything but a wonderful heirloom from your father.

Next up, I’d love to see how it looks on your wrist. What are you talking about, that it is too small or too big on your wrist? Women can wear just about anything they like.
    That bracelet may be a bit awkward - but you could totally use a leather strap. In order to get the watch open, you need to find a professional watchmaker near you. Do not go to a jewelrer. They might damage the watch irreparably.
    P
    Below are two of my watches, as an example of what a woman can wear.

PS I’d sure be interested to see the other watches you are mentioning :p

C7706756-CE41-44F5-AE58-33221950AA1B.jpeg D82357D4-5C1A-4810-92D6-022C46C27290.jpeg
    jumpingsecond likes this.
  3. Ravineman Mar 16, 2021

The fact that the dial has been "refinished" or painted will drastically reduce its value to a watch collecter. Only matters if the owner wants to sell it for a very high price to a collector.

The sentimental value is unaffected.

There are many people, like me, who would gladly buy the watch..... even with a refinished dial.

As I said earlier, I really think the band is perfect on that watch. If you don't like the band, no biggie, then I suggest spending $100 on a nice soft lizard strap and wear that beauty ..... even if you only wear it once in a while. It will look great in the jewelry box too !

Mark020 likes this.