Getting my facts straight on the 1970 Speedmaster

I have a 68 transitional with a 220 error bezel which I believe to be fitted to the watch when purchased new according to information supplied when I purchased.

I find it intriguing and awesome to see what a transitional year 1970 was for the Speedmaster.

Another question... Do the serial numbers follow each version in groups, or are they mixed up? For instance, do all of the DON version serial numbers predate the DNN versions, which then all predate as a group the 220 error bezels, which then predate the straight writing versions? Or are they muddled up such that each version can be found legitimately in a serial number range of other versions?
I suspect that the 861 movements were probably produced in batches, but there was presumably overlap between bezels and case-backs.

Once upon a time I tried to make sense of the chaos by putting it in a more accessible format... I got this far before realising the futility of the endeavor...

Speedmaster - Serial, Case, & Year Overview.jpg

I have a 68 transitional with a 220 error bezel which I believe to be fitted to the watch when purchased new according to information supplied when I purchased.
It is usually accepted that both flavours of -68 came originally with a DON which is part of their appeal. I suspect some possibly early parts replacement there. None of the written sources support that configuration as original but it’s usually a bad idea to rule anything out with Omega if course.
Edited: