Forums Latest Members
  1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 1, 2013

There was a psot made on WUSOF about a Geneve Dynamic with Roman numerals on the dial, and there was some question if these were ever made by Omega, or if they were redials.

The case reference in question is 1660175, and I made a quick visit to the Omega Extranet, and found these are genuine dials. So looking at what is shown on the Extranet, there are 7 variations, but one does not have a photo. Here are the 6 photos downloaded from the Extranet, starting with the more typical blue styles (note one of the blue styles did not have the photo available):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slate grey variations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Roman numeral variations - first the blue one:

[​IMG]

And yes the red one too:

[​IMG]

Note that these are photos of what I would assume are currently available replacement dials, so of course there could be other variations on vintage dials.

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers, Al

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 1, 2013

3. ulackfocus Feb 1, 2013

We had a thread asking about a different dial variation too, with standard numbers on a blue dial. Can't find the thread now because if my NyQilled state.

4. Mathlar Jun 29, 2013

Hi Al,

Would you be able to give me the Extranet reference numbers for the blue dials please? I have just had my 166.0175 Dynamic serviced, and on the back of the dial were some factory numbers; 1634 ZJ and 120539. Do these tie in with the Extranet numbers at all? I believe it's a service replacement (no tritium Ts on the SWISS MADE) and would like to validate that if possible:

DJP_7643.jpg

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2013

No idea what the numbers on the back of the dial mean - they don't relate to anything in the way of Omega part numbers. Likely reference numbers for whoever makes the dials.

The Omega part numbers are the file numbers of the photos above. If you right click on each photo and select properties, the part number will be in the photo link. The dial part numbers start with "064" and is 12 digits long, so the blue dial with Romans is part 064TP1634022.

Cheers, Al

6. Mathlar Jun 29, 2013

Ok, thanks. The only bit in common is the "1634" identifier, which I assume has some reference to the Dynamic...

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 29, 2013

I searched all dials on the Extranet using 1634, and all the dials that came up with that string in the part number are for Dynamics. However not all are of this bulls eye style. Some are solid colours such as solid brown, white, and solid blue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Al

8. Mathlar Jun 29, 2013

Thanks Al. I suspect it is a genuine service replacement - the service marks on the case show it was serviced in '99 which would tie in with a luminova replacement dial.

9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 2, 2013

I love the Devilles. Ever since my father gave me the brown dial......
    i kept finding more.
    I do think most are new builds.

image.jpg