Future of Russian-owned Phillips auction house may be in ‘significant doubt’

Posts
13,915
Likes
54,104
If the foundation is shaky then they cannot be trusted.
 
Posts
3,600
Likes
9,155
Is anything in the UK not Russian owned?

Oh, right, Harrods…

Lotus cars: Chinese.

Jaguar cars: Indian I think.

UK government.....

..... City Mile?
 
Posts
1,426
Likes
3,621
Lotus cars: Chinese.

Jaguar cars: Indian I think.

UK government.....

..... City Mile?

Must be Manchester United….wait, no.

Liverpool! No, that’s not it either.

Newcastle United? Oh, right.

Gosh, what a tough game.
 
Posts
5,428
Likes
81,991
Rolls Royce = BMW
Bentley = Volkswagen
Mini + BMW
jaguar, Landrover = TATA India
Lotus is owned by Proton Malaysia
MG Chinese
TVR used to be Russian

But hey, they still have Morgan😀
 
Posts
3,600
Likes
9,155
But hey, they still have Morgan😀

Italian. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investindustrial

Swapping Lucas electronics for Marelli Motori Yeah, good move.


BTW early 1970s I worked for part of Lucas Group, I still defend their ability to make anything work in any way at all at the prices the car manufacturers would pay. You want electrical equipment that will work beyond your new car one year warranty? We can do it, add 100% to the price you pay us!

Bitter about the place I worked's reputation. Moi?
Edited:
 
Posts
5,428
Likes
81,991
Italian. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investindustrial

Swapping Lucas electronics for Marelli Motori Yeah, good move.


BTW mid 1970s I worked for part of Lucas Group, I still defend their ability to make anything work at all at the prices the car manufacturers would pay. You want electrical equipment that will work beyond your new car one year warranty? We can do it, add 100% to the the price!

Bitter about the place I worked's reputation. Moi?
Know where you are at. I used to work for Jaguar, Land Rover, MG Rover and Bentley😉
 
Posts
35,645
Likes
39,895
Rolls Royce = BMW
Bentley = Volkswagen
Mini + BMW
jaguar, Landrover = TATA India
Lotus is owned by Proton Malaysia
MG Chinese
TVR used to be Russian

But hey, they still have Morgan😀
Lotus was bought by Chinese brand Geely, Proton was also bought by Geely too as they were struggling. They seem to be doing better under the Chinese though and are using Volvo switchgear and satnav now in their lotus cars.
 
Posts
5,428
Likes
81,991
Lotus was bought by Chinese brand Geely, Proton was also bought by Geely too as they were struggling. They seem to be doing better under the Chinese though and are using Volvo switchgear and satnav now in their lotus cars.
Didn’t notice that. When did that happen?
 
Posts
7,775
Likes
14,368
Didn't realize Phillips was Russian owned, another company to be wary of. Right now, in 2023, I don't think you can trust many Russian or Chinese owned companies, just too much western antagonism from my viewpoint.
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
Rolls Royce = BMW
Bentley = Volkswagen
Mini + BMW
jaguar, Landrover = TATA India
Lotus is owned by Proton Malaysia
MG Chinese
TVR used to be Russian

But hey, they still have Morgan😀

Health service…. Maybe not / follow the money …. Hospitals at home anyone…..
.
 
Posts
456
Likes
731
Know where you are at. I used to work for Jaguar, Land Rover, MG Rover and Bentley😉
I work for Tata, the current owners of Jaguar , landrover rangerover..
 
Posts
5,428
Likes
81,991
I work for Tata, the current owners of Jaguar , landrover rangerover..
That's a good thing. I think without Tata they would not still be around today.
 
Posts
1,744
Likes
5,740
I believe Aston Martin is still British (an independent brand), but the clock is ticking ... a tall order every year to keep it from being sold.
 
Posts
590
Likes
1,225
I believe Aston Martin is still British (an independent brand), but the clock is ticking ... a tall order every year to keep it from being sold.

not really.... Saudis and Lawrence Stroll hold the majority interests right now
 
Posts
1,744
Likes
5,740
not really.... Saudis and Lawrence Stroll hold the majority interests right now
Ah ... I didn't know that. I knew that they were starting to use Mercedes (or was it BMW?) engines in one or two of their models, which I take as a sign of financially shaky ground, but I wasn't aware of the background.