Forums Latest Members

An Analysis Of The Speedmaster Phillips Auction Results

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 29, 2018

[​IMG]
    Let me start by saying that it always amazes me that there is such a gap between results from auctions and from the ‘normal’ marketplaces for watches. Today’s Phillips auction results are no different, and you also need to deal with buyer’s premium and deal with taxes. The latter should be always dealt with if […]

Visit An Analysis Of The Speedmaster Phillips Auction Results to read the full article.

Romega, Screwbacks and Tik-Tok of Oz like this.
  2. mr_yossarian May 29, 2018

Whopping 22k Euro excluding 25% premium for that 105.012-66CB? That is insane or interesting, no idea..I dare to say that my almost daily wearer-iteration of this Speedy has a way more attractive dial and a DON that laughs straight in the face of the auctioned one. I shall try to figure out what that means, either not wearing it often anymore or wait 'till - attention! - the bubble bursts. Both options I have difficulties to believe that they will take place..

blubarb, Screwbacks and kov like this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. May 29, 2018

Had exactly the same thought when I saw the Holy Grail which sold for above 31k USD ::screwloose:: I would be happy to help an upset underbidder by selling mine for 31k, in a better condition and with original box and papers :whistling:

crazy...

4. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 29, 2018

Sorry, that’s including. I corrected. It seems all achieved sales are including the 25% premium (according to the Phillips PR).

kov likes this.
  5. mr_yossarian May 29, 2018

makes it way cheaper, will continue to wear it regularly:)

ConElPueblo and Emeister like this.
  6. kov Trüffelschwein. May 29, 2018

I can feel your stress coming down :D

mr_yossarian likes this.
  7. M'Bob May 29, 2018

image.jpeg Does anyone have an idea what price the early versions of the gold Speedmaster are bringing, the model with the first iteration case-back inscription? Like this:

8. ulackfocus May 29, 2018

I have both white gold AND yellow gold Audemars Piguet dress watches:

IMG_4896-1.jpg IMG_6059-1.jpg

9. Tik-Tok of Oz May 29, 2018

Trolling again eh?:D I’m actually looking to go more vintage and branch out into 2019.
    Btw lovely watches. I like dress watches still.
    (Edited to say something nice:thumbsup:)

10. ulackfocus May 29, 2018

No, just responding in kind. Every time a Speedmasterbater infects a thread that has nothing to do with Speedmasters whatsoever, I'm going to balance the scale by posting a gold dress watch in a Speedmaster thread.

11. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. May 30, 2018

Have one myself, and love it, but it's surely pretty surprising to see a 2004 Japan Racing going for as much as £12,000?

Just found my long lost macro lens, so gratuitously attaching a pic of my 3570.40.
    smlcroppedDSC_0003_00003.jpg

JerH64, Screwbacks and neilfrancis like this.
  12. JerH64 Oct 23, 2018

Looks great! Seems like price has gone up in the last 3-4 years. Good if you own one....not so good for the rest of us ;)

13. tzachi Oct 27, 2018

in the stock market one call it market maker . I truly believe that the Omegamania spirit is out there supporting prices .after all its the cheapest way to make us collectors "invest" in watches.

the fact is that auction prices of said limited / unique / earlier iterations of modern ones, never reflect what normal sellers can actually get.

14. LeonDeBayonne Oct 27, 2018

Hmmm, I would rather call it front-running, which is totally forbidden by the stock market authorities around the world. The trick is the following : a few merchants and so-called experts/collectors buy and hold a certain type of assets. Then they collectively organize a buzz on these must-own assets with the help of few independent auctioneers and media. Then they sell the pricey items. So the kind of artificial rise in value generates real dollar profit for the lucky owners, auctioneers… The smaller the market, the easier the trick.

murph likes this.