Forums Latest Members

SOLD FS: 1965 Seamaster 600 Cal. 611

1. mswilks Jul 21, 2020

This is the second of two vintage Omega watches I'll be listing. I bought both of them last year but since that time have shifted exclusively to vintage military watches.

This one is a 1965 Seamaster, cal. 611. It's a terrific piece that looks absolutely fabulous on the wrist. The following is from the original ad from last year:

----------
    Original no lume satin silver dial with black accented hands and figures. Excellent with no discoloration, however it does show micro-blistering when viewed under a loupe (not visible on the wrist).

Crisp stainless steel screw back case, original signed crystal and crown. The crystal has some crazing but no chips or cracks and is only visible at certain angles, not really noticeable while wearing.

17-jewel TWO (2) adjustment caliber 611 hand wind movement with date. Serial number dates to ca 1965.

34.5-mm not including the signed crown x 39.6-mm lug tip to lug tip.
    ----------

The full original ad (with several pictures) can be found here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/exc...inless-steel-no-lume-dial-ref-136-011.105163/

When I received the watch, it needed to be serviced. My watchmaker handled that and it is keeping good time.

I paid $695 for the watch (head only) and have contributed $300 in servicing and $150 for a fabulous (to my eye) Hodinkee strap. Standard watch economics means, however, that I'm pricing it at $750 instead of north of $1,000. I'll throw in the leather case shown in the pictures and will also cover shipping and PayPal fees. I have numerous references here at OF that I can provide on request.

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jcon1913, felsby, NikolShep and 4 others like this.
  2. mswilks Jul 21, 2020

Sold.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Jul 21, 2020

Holy crap, was that fast!

4. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Jul 22, 2020

The price was very sharp.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  5. bardamu Jul 22, 2020

Very nice watch, very reasonably priced.
    Congrats to the lucky buyer ;)