Fri 23rd August - Major Forum Software Upgrade & Scheduled Downtime

I rather like the cleaner look of the new forum, though I miss the 'old' look a little as I'm a sentimental feller 😜

Overall, it's a pretty cool upgrade, and a huge thanks to @Trev and @dsio for this!

If there's something specific you find yourself missing, just let us know about it. We did have some fancier fonts on the old version (like on home/forum list), but ultimately decided to trim out some of those for better speed and performance.

In case anyone is wondering where the blue colors came from, they're based directly on Omega's use of blue ceramics. Trying to balance out the heavy use of Omega red from previous versions.

I think it's a great look and feel. The search function works great and I like the "similar threads". Thanks for all the hard work!

Small bug.

The latest and alerts page have the same navigation. You cannot get to latest from alerts on iPhone safari.

Playing around with this now, so far the only downside is having to reset my bookmark as the old one resulted in a server error. Looking good otherwise, keep up the great work.

I rather like the cleaner look of the new forum, though I miss the 'old' look a little as I'm a sentimental feller 😜

Overall, it's a pretty cool upgrade, and a huge thanks to @Trev and @dsio for this!
Something to mention for our Singaporean friends, we now have Stripe for credit card payments for subscriptions instead of PayPal which should mean you no longer have any issues or difficulties. In the long term it helps us a bit in terms of fees too which is handy.

The Jump To New button is a welcome addition.
Another forum I frequent introduced the ‘First Unread Post’ button a while ago which works the same way. However, this has now been refined by the addition of a simple blue square next to the thread title on the home page. This saves one click as you can go straight to new posts without having to open the thread first; handy when it’s a thread you’re active on.

Congrats to everyone involved in the upgrade, as this is a job well done. I'm still in discovery mode with the new look but so far I like it.

Like all software upgrades my initial reaction was oh no! But, like all software upgrades after a very short period of time, I get used to it like the old one was never there, well done all involved.

Recommended similar threads at the bottom of each thread based on most likely matching context
Would it be possible that we can have this as an optional feature? I find it overwhelming every time I read a thread to have so many links visible at the bottom of the page?

Would it be possible that we can have this as an optional feature? I find it overwhelming every time I read a thread to have so many links visible at the bottom of the page?
I’ll mention it to Trev but it might be rather difficult as it would probably have to be an entirely different template or rather set of templates that people would have to opt for

I just ignore all that "similar threads" stuff at the bottom if I'm not interested.

May we restore searching content by a member's ID rather than "Everything"?

I miss the old emojis. Is it just that I don't know how to find them or are they gone? [Insert stupid smiling face here]

I miss the old emojis. Is it just that I don't know how to find them or are they gone? [Insert stupid smiling face here]
They have been reserved for special VIP’s
😲

😁

Joke aside, they are gone. Your native keyboard emojis work though.

But, if you still want the old ones, you can manually insert them by typing what you see in my screenshots (there are more than what I’m showing):

IMG_0933.jpeg IMG_0932.jpeg IMG_0931.jpeg IMG_0929.jpeg

Joke aside, they are gone. Your native keyboard emojis work though.

But, if you still want the old ones, you can manually insert them by typing what you see in my screenshots (there are more than what I’m showing):

IMG_0933.jpeg IMG_0932.jpeg IMG_0931.jpeg IMG_0929.jpeg
So it is because I'm stupid. 🤦

So it is because I'm stupid. 🤦
No, I actually stumbled upon it by accident haha. I wanted to use an old emoji, so I copied/pasted it but it inserted in script (like I showed in my screenshot above. So I just played around and found majority of the old OF emojis. I’m still trying to find the dance one but it must be hidden under a certain name

. I’m still trying to find the dance one but it must be hidden under a certain name
:🍿:
Edited:

Okay, I found them all 😁

Just insert “:” and type out the emoji you want to use and you’ll see a list form that you can select from. Just like my screenshots below.

IMG_0931.jpeg

IMG_0932.jpeg

IMG_0933.jpeg

IMG_0934.jpeg

IMG_0935.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_0939.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

IMG_0941.jpeg

IMG_0943.jpeg

IMG_0944.jpeg

IMG_0945.jpeg