Fri 23rd August - Major Forum Software Upgrade & Scheduled Downtime

I have to get up early today, To go to the dentist for a new crown. Just realised I may not have this this afternoon while the painkillers wear off.

New Forum layout, New Tooth?

Is is really tomorrow today?

if your dentist works for Rolex, they won’t return the old crown.

Gin and Tonic, good. Gin and juice, acceptable. Gin and Wine… sounds awful.
😉
Anything and wine sounds bloody awful to me, whist I prefer a good whisky, I do have a bottle of this, which isn't at all bad
So Done properly a Gin & Wine might be better than you think.
525635-1.jpeg

Daniel Craig spotted using updated Omega forum!!!

1000018025.jpg

Gin and Tonic, good. Gin and juice, acceptable. Gin and Wine… sounds awful.
😉
It is. I recently grabbed a bottle of wine instead of tonic and poured into the gin before realising. The resulting taste was awful and despite being a good brand of gin the mixture went straight down the drain.

To go to the dentist for a new crown.
Poor dentist doesn't know what he's in for:

"Do you have any with 23 teeth? Oh, and please imprint a flat-footed logo. Even better, do you have any NOS crowns?"

Did not take too long.

Now have a temporary crown. Just like shipping a part, we expect delivery in three weeks ...

Perhaps time for a post or two before the main event this afternoon.

Several hours without access to OF!?! WTF guys!?? I’m gonna need to get a prescription now. 😁

I need to save some of your wrist shots on my local drive to bridge that time 😁

Poor dentist doesn't know what he's in for:

"Do you have any with 23 teeth? Oh, and please imprint a flat-footed logo. Even better, do you have any NOS crowns?"

“I’ve had a go with the Polywatch, just slip these in” IMG_3522.jpeg

We have been a drain on office productivity since 2011

And we thank you for this 👍 .

Appreciate the time (and cost) you spend maintaining and updating the forum. Cheers guys.

upload_2024-8-22_16-50-48.png
upload_2024-8-22_16-51-21.png

It'll show correct results regardless of spelling. 👍

Any chance there's a way to search PMs? (There may be a way now but I am unaware.) Some of our conversations get lengthy and it can be tough to find something.

Any chance there's a way to search PMs?
Not only does the new search finally work for 3 character terms like calibre numbers and give good results but it also works for your own private messages too so if you’re trying to find a discussion
From page one of this thread 👍

It’s coming with the new update 😎

Downtime starting in around 2 hours

Do I stay around till it fades away like Brigadoon?

The nova-cane or whatever is pretty much worn off. The temporary (flat footed) crown, feels all funny. A fraction of a mm is all it takes to distract one on the side of the mouth. And the root structure is mostly awake again. Or the numbness is fading away like this version of these forums will soon do.

Funny I always found the search function wonky but figured I was doing something wrong. Now it’s confirmed it is wonky. Guess it confirms my low self esteem issues.