Forums Latest Members
  1. Kwijibo Mar 16, 2021

Hello people on the OF.

this thread is mainly for french buyers. LEBONCOIN is the largest sales site in France, kind of craiglist. A guy stole my pics from ebay and listed my watch with a ridiculous price :

https://www.leboncoin.fr/montres_bijoux/1944722532.htm

her's the original ad :
    https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Omega-speed...313043?hash=item4b8c4b9dd3:g:V4oAAOSwIlFgHWB3Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I have contacted leboncoin to inform them but they have not moved yet.

have a nice day.

tpatta, vitriol, Joe_A and 3 others like this.
  2. Medinatalzahra Mar 16, 2021

Thanks for the heads up. While we are on the subject of Leboncoin, can you give any thoughts, pointers, or advice for folks outside of France (or the EU) looking to complete a watch transaction with a seller on Leboncoin? Thanks in advance. M

3. pianomankd Mar 16, 2021

Thanks for the heads up!

4. Motik Mar 16, 2021

Leboncoin is mostly a classified website: once you have found an item you wish to buy you contact the seller and make arrangements with them directly. I expect most sellers on Leboncoin not to have a clue about how to ship internationally though... And many of them will speak French only.

Syrte likes this.
  5. arno Mar 17, 2021

Leboncoin has a lot of fake ads, and rhe company rarely makes a move when you notify them.
    I had a chance to notify them twice about suspecr ads, with strong arguments. And the answer was like there’s nothing we can do as the content respects the TCU’s.
    N case of doubt, aalwas ask for a pic of the itmes you wàt to buy in a specific condition you choose. For exampe, watch set at 5.10 and placed in the fridge. If you don’t hear back, you’ll know poster is not the owner.

lindo likes this.
  6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 17, 2021

I’ve seen stolen watch pictures on Le Bon Coin before. Lots of scams in there. I’ve never bought a watch there, was once very tempted by a watch in the south of France but the risk is just too high. I - and other watch enthusiasts I know— would only buy face to face on there.
    Sorry @Kwijibo for your stolen pictures.

7. Kwijibo Mar 17, 2021

Leboncoin can be good or bad. You have to be careful. There are "securised" payment. The seller receive the money once the item is received. But.. it's lile ebay, you can receive an empty parcel. I somtimes buy things but not watches, too hazardous or in face to face.
    In my case, the bastard, has opted for a bank transfer only payment which means if you fall into the trap you're f...d
    As for the removal of the ad. After three complaints the listing is stil there.
    There are a lot of african scamers that try tje western union transfer thing or paypal. Thej of course they send you a fake confirmation email. Does it still work???

8. Kwijibo Mar 17, 2021

It's a "very french" site. People put ads for everything. Jobs, houses, cars. LBC became the most important sales/buy site because it's free, no fees on sales or purchase.
    For non french buyers, you can possibly arrange some shipping internationaly even if many people deal locally. I don't recommand it or with many many precautions using paypal even if this is not the utlimate protection.

9. gpstar Mar 17, 2021

I've purchased a few things over the years on Leboncoin, never watches or huge ticket items (sub 500 euro items), but 99% of the time I always meet face to face. There was only 1 time I purchased and had the item shipped as the seller was on the other side of the country as me, however i felt confident enough in the seller after talking with them. Like others have said, there are scammers that you need to watch out for.

10. Kwijibo Mar 17, 2021

I sometimes buy things ; recently a pro coffee grinder. If you are a little all eyes most people selle their stuff in a regular way. As watches tend to attract scammers of all sorts be very cautious when you buy watches. When I buy watches from here it's always a face to face even if I have to drive 300 km.

Edited Mar 17, 2021
    gpstar likes this.