Forums Latest Members
  1. ed123 Sep 14, 2020

That's actually really super sweet. Funny to think that some kindergarteners out there have way more empathy than powerful adults.

DaveK and pdxleaf like this.
  2. pw92676 Sep 17, 2020

Hopefully this isn’t a silly question and if it is I apologize. I used the search button but couldn’t find out the answer, if it is already here if someone could point me the right direction I’d appreciate it.

How to I change a setting to where when i click a thread, it takes me to where I left off. Many threads this happens, but sometimes when I open a thread that I’ve already gotten through, it takes me back to page 1. Is this something I’m doing wrong?
    Thanks!

3. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Sep 17, 2020

I don't believe there is a setting for this.

When you open a multipage thread, read through it, close it, and find later on in the day that other users have commented on it- re-opening that thread will basically take you to where you left off by showing the new comments.

However, when you open a multipage thread, read through it all, close it, and reopen it later on when no new comments are on it, it will start you off at the beginning. That is the difference between the two scenarios you described. When there is nothing new to show you, it starts you off at the beginning. When in the thread, just click the page number to take you to where you left off.

DaveK and pw92676 like this.
  4. pw92676 Sep 17, 2020

This makes perfect sense, thanks for explaining it so concisely!

5. pdxleaf ... Dec 7, 2020

Bump

img_4553.png

SC1 and NikolShep like this.
  6. mr.snakeman Dec 10, 2020

Having had Alzeheimers for as long as I can remember, I´m hoping someone can help me, to wit, I have been trying to find instructions on how to use the site, i.e. how to post and resize pictures, do inserts from others posts in mine, etc.; in short, how to do on the forum what everyone else seems to be able to do. I´ve looked all over the site but haven´t been able to find the info I need so please, someone help me.

7. pdxleaf ... Dec 10, 2020

I can try to help with a couple items.

If you hit the red REPLY button on the right of a post you would like to comment on, then that person's post appears in yours. I did this to get your original post above.

The "ADD PHOTOS" button next to the REPLY will allow you to add photos.

1. First select the ADD PHOTOS button
    2. Chose the picture from your phone or computer to load.
    3. After the photo loads, there will be a small line with the photo below your message.
    4. Insert that photo into the message by selecting the "insert photo" message.

The photo appears in your message where you were last typing. To change where the photo appears in your message, click on the spot in your message before you click the insert photo button.

I probably made this sound worse than it is. You should try a few now to see if it makes any sense.

Is this what you wanted to know or was it something else? My apologies if you already know this but wanted something else.

sonicosa, Scarecrow Boat and DaveK like this.
  8. pdxleaf ... Dec 11, 2020

@mr.snakeman

Pictures are better so this might help.

First thing, hit the red reply:
    20201211_101649.jpg

Then this appears below with the other person's comments quoted:

20201211_103054.jpg

My reply below yours and it will look like this when it is posted:

Screenshot_20201211-100532_Samsung Internet.jpg

Another view. Use the preview button to see how it will look before posting. Preview is under Options:

20201211_101601.jpg

You can split up the previous persons comments to talk about specific parts:

20201211_101353.jpg

20201211_101217.jpg

20201211_101116.jpg

Now you know as much as I do. Maybe others can show us some more tricks.

9. MRC Dec 11, 2020

Another trick I have found useful: if you type out a response but do not commit with the "reply" at the bottom of your message what you typed will hang around every time you look at the thread. If you really want to get rid of it (for example thought better of it) highlight all the text & photos, delete from the input box, and then actually commit the empty message. There will be an angry cat photo but the unwanted message has now been permanently deleted.

Spruce and pdxleaf like this.
  10. Dor_42 Dec 28, 2020

Or you could click the little "save" icon above the text box and click "delete draft" ;)

DaveK likes this.
  11. river rat Jan 26, 2021

I guess this is were you ask questions about the forum. Just notice ads how come the change ? Why I stopped going to WUS and TZ-UK the ads guess I got to get a spam blocker. If the forum needs money have a donation thing set up were you can donate a little when you can afford it the NAWCC forum has that but they still have ads you think the donation they get would not need ads. Is the ads a new thing for 2021

12. YY77 Jan 26, 2021

Check this thread to see why.

DaveK likes this.
  13. river rat Jan 26, 2021

I know this forum don’t like us talking politics please no political ads here I am in the USA I go on TZ-UK forum that in England and I get my local political ads it drove me nuts since it was not who I was going to vote for. Those ad companies won’t follow our forum on rules on politics

14. Dan S Jan 26, 2021

The mods say that they are going to add a premium ad-free membership level, but it will take a little time to get that implemented. They indicated that they needed revenue ASAP. They are also monitoring the content of ads, so while there might be some inappropriate ads initially, they will eliminate them pretty quickly.

15. Concretepuppy Apr 21, 2021

Funny you should say that actually, especially all those years ago

16. Chaneltime Feb 19, 2023

Hello, Dear All, I am a new member (watchmaker!) on the site, I search the presentation ^^, if somebody can help me, best regards

17. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 19, 2023

18. Chewbacca Aug 24, 2023

As someone who spent over a decade with many good friends having a good time supporting another place, these clear and openly discussed rules with Q&A not resulting in any selective public ‘dressing down’ , shows zero insecurity here, but it does show a lot of confidence in the Admins, and the Members. It’s an encouraging thing to see when many genuinely just want to contribute their time sharing personal hobby experiences, and even their funds supporting a watch forum — while also approaching it with some levity.

I can’t say this enough. :thumbsup:

19. TexOmega Aug 24, 2023

I suspect you haven't been issued your custom and electrified Nad clamps, yet.

Makes for a very accommodating and docile/genial membership.......and quite comfortable, too boot.

We have very benevolent sadists as Mods and OverLords.

We are Lucky not to have to use our brains......very much.

Chewbacca likes this.
  20. Chewbacca Aug 24, 2023

IMG_8451.jpeg