Forums Latest Members
  1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 8, 2014

Wondering about this...

Using Safari or Chrome, when I open some threads, I'm taken to the most recent post. On other threads, to the top of the last page, and still others, to the first page of several.

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jul 8, 2014

It depends where you've clicked. If you click the thread title area, it'll go to the beginning of the thread. If you click the area around the name of the last person who posted, it'll link you to the last post in the thread.

Darlinboy likes this.
  3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 10, 2014

Got it thanks!
    Now, if only my fingers weren't so fat.

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 13, 2014

Hi Trev,
    Without disparaging anyone, is there a way to filter/block listings?
    I am somewhat distraught by the huge number of watches listed in the F/S section. It seems to be growing exponentially. Another forum member likened it to spamming.
    I appreciate the commercial sellers rights and realize that my opinion is only my opinion, but I sure would love a cozy place where like-minded collectors can list/trade.

How about a collector's site with a limit?
    Or, how about a slight rules change limiting to 5 or so?
    Otherwise, if I block someone, would their listings still show?

Minor observation about the finest run forum I have ever seen!
    Tip o' the hat to you, Trev, and all the Mod's and contributors!

lenny, Tritium and Darlinboy like this.
  5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 13, 2014

Maybe it would be possible to split Modern and Vintage sales or even Omega and others. It's just my preference, but I have no interest in a modern Rolex, but I do in a vintage Omega.

JohnSteed and UncleBuck like this.
  6. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 13, 2014

I like Stewart's idea, a separate vintage FS (40+) would solve it I feel !

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 13, 2014

Modern and Vintage is a good thought, but not really practical, as we'll never agree on what "vintage" means. Although the endless discussion could be very entertaining. If you do decide go that route don't you dare just pick an arbitrary date or age - PM me for the correct definition.::bleh::

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 13, 2014

We're looking at a lot of options at the moment, a lot of development work is going on at present.

9. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 13, 2014

I feel confident in your hands (that just doesn't sound right!) but I thought the 40 yrs. was pretty well accepted.

If we agree that there may be a slight change needed, I am a happy dude!

Funny thing, if a dealer wants to list 20+ tdmp's and centenaries, I don't see a problem!

10. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 14, 2014

How about pre 1980 and post 1980?

Spacefruit likes this.
  11. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 14, 2014

1980 seems a pretty sensible line to me.

12. Davidt Jul 14, 2014

I would agree that splitting the FS forum somehow maybe a good idea. Im fairly new to vintage watches and even in the short space of time I've been here I've noticed that the professional sellers who post seem to have increased from a couple of well known sellers who clearly post listings that are relevant and tailored to this forum, to some now who seem to list anything and everything, blocking up and rather taking advantage of the FS forum.

Stellar work on the forum though gents. Successfully accompanied me from intrigued bystander, to dangerously ignorant novice, to slightly less ignorant beginner. Thanks!:thumbsup:

UncleBuck likes this.
  13. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 19, 2014

I have the following at the bottom of the Vintage For Sale Forum:
    (YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST HERE.)

Why can't I post in the sales forum?

14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 19, 2014

You must mean either the "Watches for Sale" or the "Private Watches for Sale" Forums. "We don't have a Vintage Watches for Sale "
    Have you read the sticky information posts at the top of the sales forum?
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/please-read-new-security-measures-for-the-sales-sections.16995/
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/sales-rules-follow-this-or-your-ad-will-be-deleted.16607/

CajunTiger and Spacefruit like this.
  15. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 19, 2014

Sorry I meant Private Watch Sales Forum.
    I see the sticky now, sorry I overlooked this. This is a disappointment as it caused me to miss out on two recent sales.

I did email the mods on 3 occasions asking about this and never received a single reply. I guess I need to work on my post count.

16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 19, 2014

There is nothing stopping you from sending PMs to the sellers and inquiring or offering to buy. If you need any help making contacts, please ask

Trev likes this.
  17. Trev The Architect Staff Member Nov 19, 2014

Sorry about that, sometimes PM's get lost in the mountain of messages and don't resurface, or we assume that someone has dealt with a specific issue already. We try to get to everything :)

CajunTiger likes this.
  18. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 20, 2014

Thanks guys. I would like to suggest that a sheer post count is not the best way to address this. Its easy for people to inflate their post count and still scam sellers. They key to sucessful buying and selling online is common sense. I have been buying for over 25 years online and in that time not once have I been ripped off. Was I just lucky? I think not...I believe common sense protected me.

You might consider moving to a seller rating system similar to Fred Miranda forum (http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10). This makes more sense as its directly relevant to buying and selling experiences rather than random posts. Its going to take me a long time to post 200 times...if you look at my posts, the vast majority if not all have been in the for sale section which I am now forbidden to post in.

just my .02

19. vinn2 Jul 30, 2015

spam is something like bully beef of 1898 that laid many troupers low in cuba. an Armor Star product. vinn2

20. gostang9 Apr 14, 2016

With a birth year of 1977, not sure how I feel about being considered "vintage"... ;)

Perhaps this now officially qualifies me for mid-life crisis and therefore a new reason to give my wife as to why I need to buy more precious shiny things to wear on my wrist...?

Jwit likes this.