Forums Latest Members
  1. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 9, 2013

Testing, testing.......

Trev, the only thing I can think of is that I recently purchased a Windows 8 laptop, upgraded to 8.1, and share the same DSL through a wireless router as this computer does. I am also logged into Omegaforums on the new laptop.

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 9, 2013

Trying from new computer, lets see...........

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Dec 9, 2013

Yep, that would mean you're probably also on IE11 (the stock browser on Win8.1).

If it's really annoying, a quick fix is to use Google Chrome instead: www.google.com/chrome

Regardless, we'll try to get it sorted out for you guys on way or another. We're still pushing ahead on ΩF3 which contains a lot of bug-fixes and improvements. :)

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 9, 2013

Thanks, Trev.

5. Baco Noir Dec 9, 2013

I learned today to make sure to type in omegaforums ".net" and not ".com" today! The other one appears to be in Arabic and since a lot my work is for the government, I hope Big Brother wasn't watching! ::censored::

BTW - great forum and thanks for having me. :thumbsup:

6. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 11, 2013

Trev, from time to time someone will post some technical info or a photo that I like. Anyway to flag or move a single post (not the thread) to a file
    or some sort of "favorites" ??
    Currently, I'm copying and pasting to desktop folder and it's time consuming and hard to organize.

Thanks !

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Dec 11, 2013

I can't think of an easy way to do that off the top of my head. It's a good idea though, that would be useful.

8. rhetoric Dec 11, 2013

+1

9. om9c Mar 2, 2014

Very useful thread for all the forum members.

10. Mathlar Jun 15, 2014

Hi Trev.

Watches For Sale posts no longer appear to pop up on the "Latest" list. Is this by design or a glitch?

Cheers,

Mark

11. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 15, 2014

By design, for now. The list of latest threads was being completely overwhelmed by sales posts at various times.

12. Mathlar Jun 15, 2014

Ok, thanks. Any chance of having this as a forum option please?

13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 15, 2014

Just notice that, agree with you Trev, they are overwhelming.....

However I found many sold watches still have FS sign instead of SOLD sign.

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2014

The current forum software doesn't let us do that but we're working on it for the longer term. I think the breaking point was when one seller bumped 23 of his FS listings all at once in a 5 minute period, so the entire top half of latest threads was his listings. We had to decide we're a watch forum and not a billboard at that point.

15. Mathlar Jun 15, 2014

Can't argue with that. My poor rose tinted memory had forgotten how painful that was sometimes. What you need is to implement a psychic feature where it bumps just the most desirable watches on my wish list ;-)

16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 15, 2014

I like the change. :thumbsup: And found it annoying to wade through those every time.

Perhaps a FS limit of some kind may be needed down the road, if volumes continue to increase.
    It's nice to have a marketplace for members, but sellers who contribute little or nothing except FS ads...::weird::

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 15, 2014

We're going to address the needs of sellers as well in the not too distant future, there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes at the moment.

Darlinboy likes this.
  18. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 15, 2014

what would be great would be a feature (especially if tapatalk could handle it) that separates NEW FS listings, vs bumped FS listings.

19. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 15, 2014

Unfortunately, Tapatalk can't handle it, and it can't be extended in any way. Tapatalk is simply hooking in and reading post-content however they choose. It will never support extra features or added functionality like the auctions section.

We'll be ditching Tapatalk eventually, but only once we can provide an experience on mobile devices that at least matches it in terms of functionality and speed.

As Ash mentioned, we're currently undertaking a lot of work to ensure we have a better and far more flexible platform for our future. :)

Tritium, Darlinboy and Baco Noir like this.
  20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 16, 2014

There is is , it's called not allowing bumps. Works great unless you're the one doing the selling :rolleyes: