Forums Latest Members

Forstner Komfit reissue rubbing against case FOIS

1. Coves Mar 14, 2021

We fitted the reissue Forstner Komfit with horned ends to our FOIS this weekend, but the band keeps rubbing against the watchcase and scratching it.

The thicker part which holds the spring which allows you to fit it to different lugsizes is the culprit.

We've been searching for a way to prevent it, but searches have only provided answers which mention letting it happen and polishing the case, but that seems a bit harsh just for wearing a different band.

Has anybody else had this problem, or does anybody know of a solution to prevent this? We assume a thin wrist is one of the reasons for the rubbing.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 14, 2021

The old ones used to damage cases too, that’s why I cut them off with tin-snips and bin them before putting either OEM endlinks or a strap on as they can damage the case with regular use or during removal. If its a modern piece like a FOIS and you really like the look go for it but the scratching is part of the design and part of why these fell from favor.

Coves, Darlinboy and connieseamaster like this.
  3. zoohannover Mar 14, 2021

Coves likes this.
  4. JwRosenthal Mar 14, 2021

It’s the distance between the lug holes and the case- it’s not long enough. Not an issue on my Speedy Pro, but some of my other vintage pieces will rub. I just use it on watches where it’s not an issue. It’s like fitting straps to a Sub, some work, some don’t- you just find the combo that works

Coves likes this.