Forums Latest Members
  1. vbrad26 Sep 30, 2019

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

westmouth and Martin_F like this.
  2. Lurk41 Sep 30, 2019

Russell shouldn't be bad either, but it is difficult to compare him to Kubica. As much as I like him, we cannot judge the current level of Robert. Is he good (for sure not at his prime) but Georges is awesome? Or is Georges only ok and Robert does not have the level for F1 anymore?

At least I think Robert is really inconstant. Sometimes he managed to be within a tenth of Russell, sometimes he is a second slower...

3. texasmade Oct 13, 2019

I’m pretty shocked LeClerc didn’t get a penalty right away or was given a warning flag after he hit Max. Driving around with a damaged front wing with the debris eventually flying off into Hamilton’s face is pretty dangerous.

Socks and marco like this.
  4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Oct 13, 2019

Im trying to figure out why its okay to force cars off the track in Austria, but not in Japan.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  5. Wivac Terribly special Oct 13, 2019

Thought the ALB long rage punt was a bit over the top. Seemed like he only made (some) of the corner as he used NOR as an extra brake.

6. Socks Oct 13, 2019

Agreed. It seems the Massa debris injury has slipped the Stewards memories. If that debris ripped Hamilton's mirror off, it doesn't bare thinking about had it gone through his visor.

7. Martin_J_N Oct 13, 2019

Hmm, it does seems that rules can be applied in a flexible way, and this is what upsets both fans and drivers, there needs to be consistency in decision making, if it is okay in Austria it is okay in Japan and everywhere else. But, Ferrari not bringing LeClerc in immediately to repair his car was terrible, and could have had horrendous consequences.

Maybe there should be a rule that cars involved in a collision must go immediately to the pits to be checked out, not negotiable a mandatory requirement. This would stop cars going round for a number of laps with parts falling off thus protecting drivers who are following from being hit, in addition it also means that both drivers involved are given an initial equal punishment, any additional punishment for the instigator of the collision can be applied later.

westmouth and marco like this.
  8. simonsays Oct 13, 2019

Great drives from Bottas and Riccardo. Poor control from LeClerc and a shame for Max who was looking like he would have livened up the race. Another costly error for Vettel, but good to see him regain some confidence over the past couple of week ends. I don't think the dive bombing of Albon impressed anyone much.

Dogmann and marco like this.
  9. KingCrouchy Oct 14, 2019

Charles drove like a total Jerk, risking other drivers life and cutting Max off. There seems to be no consistency in how penalties are applied.

10. Lurk41 Oct 14, 2019

Lack of consistency is an issue since several years... I am (even) more worried about the marshalls changing their mind in the middle of the race. It opened the door for any team to complain about a penalty (or lack of) and provide additional data that will be discussed after the race.

Charles did a rookie mistake and took the blame. The problem is:
    1/ Ferrari (again) not telling him how much damaged it was and risky to continue like this (Leclerc cannot see it from his cockpit)
    2/ the Race director not using immediatly the orange and black flag to force Leclerc to pit, and instead go discuss with Ferrari to negociate a stop.

11. redpcar Oct 14, 2019

Crap dragging from the side of your car = safety hazard. Did I understand correctly that one of the pieces actually came off and knocked off Hamilton's mirror?
    He should have been forced to pit immediately.

12. Lurk41 Oct 14, 2019

Yes, his endplate first hit the top of his halo then destroyed Hamilton right mirror. Next lap, they pitted him for a new nose. Also, his left mirror fall off but I do not know if it was the lap he pitted or the lap after

13. texasmade Oct 14, 2019

The debris also got caught in Lando's brakes and forced him to pit. Pretty much killed Lando's race. Ferrari playing it lose with safety and the FIA is letting them get away with it. This is the 2nd incident involving Charles in which Ferrari and Charles got a slap on the wrist.

marco likes this.
  14. Dogmann Oct 15, 2019

Hi all,

It does look like we are heading into another phase of Ferrari International Assistance formerly known as the FIA as they have had such poor seasons for so long now that they are most probably threatening to leave F1 again. So need all the help they can get so that they stay, which of course they are always going to do. I used to really like Le Clerc but he is starting to show himself as a bit of a diva IMO and as bad as Kvyat (The Torpedo) and Grosjean (Mr Crash and Smash) with it never being his fault for hitting some one.

Marc

marco likes this.
  15. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Oct 15, 2019

“My mistake in turn one,” said Leclerc. “It ruined Max’s race and put [ourselves] in a bad position for the remaining of the race.”

Lurk41 likes this.
  16. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Oct 26, 2019

17. Lurk41 Oct 26, 2019

The day he'll start to think, he will be world champion. And even several times... But sometimes, I think this day will never come. So much talent in a such small head ::facepalm2::

davy26 and Vercingetorix like this.
  18. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Oct 27, 2019

It's a feature of Grand Prix racing that there's always been a type of driver which greatly impresses with raw speed, daring and charisma, but lacks the nouse - or whatever it is - to convert brilliant individual race performances into a championship-winning season: immediately coming to mind as good examples are Moss, Ickx, Peterson, Gilles Villeneuve; I think we'll maybe find that Max will finish up as an addition to this list. But on this specific occasion I'm happy as we've got a Ferrari front row!
    79hol01.jpg

19. simonsays Oct 27, 2019

I wouldn’t bet against Max tomorrow and I also think the (very few)errors in judgement have not cost him much. He just needs a decent car and Hamilton et al. will feel the pressure.
    I hoped it would be this year, still hope it will be next. I fear he may be wasting too many years in uncompetitive machinery.
    The shame of it is, we as motor racing fans are missing seeing Max in a competitive car bring his formidable racing talents Formula 1.
    Wheel to wheel I think he is second to none and I am desperate to see that. Maybe the grid penalty will be a blessing in disguise and we will see some Max magic?

20. texasmade Oct 27, 2019

Lewis doesn’t really have much pressure. His only other competitor is Bottas now and Lewis just needs to basically not crash the next 2 races to win the WDC. I expect Lewis to be smart enough not to risk anything stupid. He’s shown before that he knows when to let it go for a WDC (Malaysia 2017 comes to mind).