Forums Latest Members
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 30, 2019

Agreed he has grown a lot since the McLaren days. No more complaints about the car right before he sets a fastest lap... no more spinning of for no reason in the last lap...

Seems honest in what he says now.

2. vbrad26 Jul 31, 2019

Sound on:

Linzer, simonsays, melo_time and 3 others like this.
  3. Wivac Terribly special Jul 31, 2019

Nothing like a wet race to bring on a full blown Benny hill pitstop.
    All its missing was Toto waving his arms around in the air and someone on fire in the background.

4. KingCrouchy Jul 31, 2019

The Deutsche Bahn should have sponsored that pit stop!:thumbsup:

5. arturo7 Jul 31, 2019

That is hilario

6. many Aug 1, 2019

I don’t want the drivers to be put in unsafe situations but that being said I really appreciate a track that’s punishes a driver for being off the track.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 1, 2019

Why? Street circuits are not generally good races.

Canada is... but let’s be honest it’s not really a street track.

8. many Aug 1, 2019

It’s funny right after I posted that I thought of Monaco and Singapore and I’m not a huge fan of the racing at either of those tracks. I dislike the huge runoff areas at circuits like COTA, France, etc. Even some of the runoff areas around Mexico Turn 1, 2, 3, and 4 etc.

It’s one of the reasons I thought contributed to the German GP being exciting. The penultimate series of turns that demanded that the drivers keep all 4 wheels on the track or lose traction.

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 1, 2019

Hockinhiem has some pretty good runoffs, any track in the rain esp with mixed conditions will have what happened happen. The offs where due to light rain, and some bad bets on tire strat... paired with safety cars due to bad bets and some people not being as affected. Lerts be hoenst at one point there was no good tire strat... the 1st half of the lap was dry, then the last few turns had some standing water off line, and then a full wet on the last turn... Then had rain that threatened but dissipated, then came back.... I cannot think of any other race in the past decade that had a situation like that.

IDK I look at things differently as someone with a decent amount of track experience. Most tracks actually have lower grip as you go over the line... some substantially less...looks at Japan... and some others.

10. rob#1 Aug 1, 2019

More like this please :D

11. texasmade Aug 4, 2019

Another decent race today. I don’t think Ocon is really a good upgrade over Bottas and Bottas should keep his seat, but I don’t think Mercedes is going to extend him.

West Slope likes this.
  12. jzerore Aug 4, 2019

Nice to see Hamilton fight for his dinner a little. Agree with @texasmade that Bottas is worth his seat, but I also think he’s deserving of a #1 role somewhere. Wouldn’t be the worst turn of events for him to get the full love of a smaller team, while Ocon, who got screwed out of a seat this year, gets another crack at the grid.

13. fastfras Aug 4, 2019

The racing has become very competitive lately, totally digging' this season. 81 and counting...

1965Speedie and Foo2rama like this.
  14. West Slope Aug 4, 2019

Bottas should definitely keep his seat.

But wow, great race craft by Mercedes today and I could only smile seeing Max get passed so near the end of the race. Couldn't happen to a better guy!

Taybharr and Foo2rama like this.
  15. redpcar Aug 4, 2019

Max took it well. Color me impressed :)

1965Speedie and Foo2rama like this.
  16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 4, 2019

I was expecting him to throw a fit after the race...

3nicewatches likes this.
  17. West Slope Aug 4, 2019

What could he say? He drove a great race including pole and fastest lap but Mercedes simply had the better strategy today.

18. KingCrouchy Aug 4, 2019

I was rooting for Max, sadly didn't win. But the hole race was great, and McLaren doing well surprised me a lot.:thumbsup:

19. texasmade Aug 4, 2019

Let this sink in for a moment. Sainz is only 5 points behind Gasly!

KingCrouchy, jzerore and Foo2rama like this.
  20. simonsays Aug 5, 2019

Not sure if that is a reflection on McLaren's performance or Gasly's. That Gasly could have secured Max's victory today if he had been competitive enough to block Lewis for a few laps has got to hurt at the Red Bull camp.

speedydownunder likes this.