Forums Latest Members
  1. Martin_J_N Jul 28, 2019

Not viewing the race just updates via BBC text messages, but it looks an ace race

2. jzerore Jul 28, 2019

That was a great race. I love how Kvyat put it: “It was a horror movie out there.”

I don’t want to drop any spoilers here, but one thing that struck me about the top three that stood out in comparison to the podiums in the past few years: All of them seemed genuinely happy to be there. Nobody sulking about a second or a third place. That’s just so nice to see. I hope the rest of the field takes note for the future.

Also, and I know I’m a tired song about this already, but ALBON! I wonder if he’ll have Gasly’s seat next year.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  3. redpcar Jul 28, 2019

An event for the ages.
    P. Gastly does need improvement or he is gone. Hello Formula E.

Foo2rama, KingCrouchy and jzerore like this.
  4. rott3 Jul 28, 2019

Shame I thought everything was decided when Hamilton was leading and decided to see something else...

5. jzerore Jul 28, 2019

Not a crazy thought these days, but you did miss something special.

1965Speedie and rott3 like this.
  6. MRC Jul 28, 2019

Nah, just another yawn-fest.

:D

7. redpcar Jul 28, 2019

Another interesting bit, Kvyat missed the birth of his child to race at Hockenheim ::facepalm2::
    I'm NOT impressed.

8. texasmade Jul 28, 2019

Edited Jul 28, 2019
  9. KingCrouchy Jul 28, 2019

Great race, was so happy for Verstappen. Vettel and Kvyat did really well.:thumbsup:

1965Speedie and Joao_Russo1991 like this.
  10. Wivac Terribly special Jul 28, 2019

Well that was fun wasn't it. ALB had a cracking day in the office.

Joao_Russo1991 and jzerore like this.
  11. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 28, 2019

Happy to be proved wrong on my previous opinion of Vettel, a great day all told :thumbsup:

12. Joao_Russo1991 Jul 28, 2019

This has not aged well...

Awkward :unsure:::facepalm2:::D

13. arturo7 Jul 28, 2019

Best tilt in ages. Can they arrange for rain every race?

Totally disagree. "F1 driver" is not a job that allows personal days off. Especially on race day

14. Joao_Russo1991 Jul 29, 2019

*Bernie and the sprinkles have entered the chat*

15. Martin_J_N Jul 30, 2019

After the weather made for a very entertaining German GP in which there was a very small possibility of Lance Stroll actually making good on daddy's millions and winning the race, thankfully a real driver won instead, it would seem that the early weather forecast for this weekends Hungarian GP is not going to be as kind.

However, it is only Tuesday and the forecast may change but at the moment there is inclement weather due on Friday and Saturday, with thunder and lightning showing at 13:00 local time Saturday. Sunday looks bright, sunny and mercedes winning weather :(

16. jzerore Jul 30, 2019

I dunno, Ferrari are pretty handy in the heat, and the Hungaroring—post 2004's changes, anyway—is a decent track for overtaking. Maybe with some confidence in his pocket, Vettel can be an X-factor. Here's hoping for another good one, but we're due a snoozer.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 30, 2019

No matter how many days and years go by, no matter how many lessons learnt, there will always be new ones to face. This weekend, never felt this sick and it has been the hardest race weekend of my life. Really does highlight just how precious health is. But like so many people who are ill, hospitalised and going through a tough time, that I have had the honour of meeting, you inspired me to push through this weekend. Even with the fighting spirit, I was faced with an even steeper challenge with the rain and one defining moment lost me the German Grand Prix. I’m not going to lie, it hurts like hell but days like this are sent to test us and we learn from it and move on. I’m going home to try and sleep this off and come back stronger next weekend. Thank you for your continued support guys. I appreciate you Lastly, congrats to Max, great drive #nevergiveup #keeppushing #keepbelieving

Wow, this is not the Lewis from a few years ago. Pretty mature Facebook post from him.

8100_RPM, Dogmann and speedydownunder like this.
  18. texasmade Jul 30, 2019

Nico Rosberg beating him to the title really matured Lewis and also he's older/wiser.

19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 30, 2019

I don’t know... I think that was one of his rockiest years. He was pissed Nico retired after that for a few reasons. That season could have gone either way, and he had no chance to prove he was better and that angered him. If you watch interviews with Lewis, you start to see Nico embodied everything he had been fighting against as a young racer. Lewis’s dad worked three jobs and Lewis always had 2nd hand equipment as a kid, Nico was the exact opposite. It hit Lewis hard when he could not prove he was better then Nico. Lewis still will not talk to him.

Idk just my read.

20. texasmade Jul 30, 2019

But ever since then, he's been much more mature. Other than the Nico thing which still bothers him, he's been more mature about everything else.

Foo2rama likes this.