Forums Latest Members
  1. Vega Mike Jul 14, 2019

It made for exciting racing to watch Leclerc and Bottas both getting their elbows to keep their more experienced rivals behind them. Great to watch.

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. jzerore Jul 14, 2019

Yup. He has so much trouble with a car that has a squirrely rear end. Back in the blown diffuser days, he was unstoppable, but now he's... stoppable. Spins when under pressure, and then that front-end wash lockup. Ugh, someone with as much experience as he does should know that would happen.

1965Speedie likes this.
  3. texasmade Jul 14, 2019

Vettel has clearly lost his confidence since he crashed out of the German GP last year. His confidence is shot. It’s a shame too since he was a really good driver at one point and helped turn around Ferrari in 2015.

4. West Slope Jul 14, 2019

Finally a great race and WSBK was also entertaining to watch. Ricciardo in a Ferrari would be fine with me.

Edited Jul 14, 2019
    vbrad26 and jzerore like this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 15, 2019

We can dream. With Vettel imploding it starts to seem like a possibility.

On a side note. How did Max not get a pit lane penalty????

vbrad26 likes this.
  6. DotOverNine Jul 15, 2019

Champions tend to be lucky. Hamilton got the SC on the right moment, however he was the best driver anyway. I think he would have won anyway. The way he was chasing Bottas in the beginning was awesome, Bottas didn't even get close to him when it was "his turn"

And the fastest lap, on old tyres! Wooah.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. Dogmann Jul 15, 2019

Hi all,

Well that's now 2 races in a row that have been anything but boring with plenty of action throughout the field and some great overtaking to. Just what has happened and has gone wrong at Racing Point who no longer have money worries is very confusing as they just seem to be losing there way and the same can be said for Haas to.

McLaren really seem to be making real progress now and have a great driver pairing no surprise they renewed their contracts nice and early either, I can only hope Williams are able to make similar gains next year. As for Vettel I'm really not sure we will even see him next year to finish off his Ferrari contract and it's really only a question of if he is pushed out or decides to go IMO but I suppose he still has enough races to turn it around but he needs to do it fast if he even can. Vettel got really lucky with the safety car that moved him 3 places up and into the podium position but it is obvious the pain and frustration at being denied that podium position by Max was too much to bear and led to his stupid reaction/mistake. Which at least he admitted was his fault this time in the interviews after the race that made a pleasant change.

On a side note Alonso really has the worst timing ever as can you imagine him in the McLaren now? and what ever Ricciardo says he really must be regretting his move to Renault except of course for his bank balance.

Marc

8. Martin_J_N Jul 15, 2019

Yep, Perez was that bad he was behind both Williams and Vettel's Ferrari, Stroll was ahead of the Williams, just.

9. Martin_J_N Jul 15, 2019

Because its Max, he doesn't get penalties :D

Foo2rama and Evitzee like this.
  10. jimmyd13 Jul 15, 2019

Because the two were racing for position and an "unsafe release" is measured subjectively so they allow a little leeway. It's not just Max who has been given the benefit of the doubt in those circumstances.

11. Vega Mike Jul 15, 2019

If that wasn't an unsafe release then I don't know what is..

12. jzerore Jul 15, 2019

Yeah, WOOAH about says it for his fastest lap. His tyre management was insanely good yesterday, and that’s what won him the race, not the SC. By the time the safety car came around, Bottas had tipped his hand and revealed he was on a two-stop. Hamilton had treated his tyres well, even with the mini-battle, and was on a one-stop. Barring a 20.5-second misstep, he had the race in hand before he pitted the first time.

13. Vega Mike Jul 15, 2019

Vettel needs a reset. Hopefully the summer break will give him that opportunity. I still rate him very much as one of the top drivers on the grid, but he lacks the confidence (going back to his crash in Germany last year) and as a result the judgement to avoid critical mistakes.
    I can't see Vettel walking away, and I dont see Ferrari making a move against him to take effect before 2021. I do expect the silly season this time next year to throw up some interesting changes in the driver market for 2021.

vbrad26 and Martin_J_N like this.
  14. Martin_J_N Jul 15, 2019

Yes, silly season approaches, Bottas out for 2020 replaced by Ocon? Kubica out replaced by Gutierrez? Vettel retires replaced by Bottas?

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 15, 2019

Your not allowed to race in the pit lane. Max keeps doing it.

16. jimmyd13 Jul 15, 2019

Hmmm ... you mean, he exceeds the pit lane limit (80kph)? Or has any other team made a complaint to the stewards that a release could have endangered pit lane personnel or other drivers?

I'm not sticking up for Max, just playing Devil's Advocate. Art 28 states that it's the Team's responsibility to ... do whatever. Failure to comply with the safety regulations is something that can be investigated by the Stewards. They can instigate their own investigation or another team can complain to them. I hadn't heard of any complaint being made ... so, by implication, the other teams think this is a safe course of action (or, perhaps, they hope to have the opportunity to take the same course of action at some point in the future?).

17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 15, 2019

I’d the other driver had slammed on his brakes to let him in... unsafe release.

Trying to edge out a driver and force them to either hit the brakes or the wall in the pit lane... dangerous to team staff and track marshals.

18. Martin_J_N Jul 15, 2019

The issue will get dealt with when Max gets impeded and gets a puncture as a result. :D

Foo2rama likes this.
  19. jzerore Jul 15, 2019

20. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 15, 2019

Somewhat belated :)

fullsizeoutput_ccbd.jpeg

lando, West Slope, vbrad26 and 2 others like this.