Forums Latest Members
  1. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 30, 2019

Should say 84% are Ferrari fans.

KingCrouchy, Foo2rama and fastfras like this.
  2. MRC Jun 30, 2019

Those guys 'n gals with the orange caps should learn to program their voting 'bots properly :cool:

KingCrouchy and jzerore like this.
  3. MichaelRay Jun 30, 2019

Most fans want to see that kind of racing. I personally don’t feel there should be a penalty, but based on FIA decisions in the past, I’m not sure how they looked the other way. Max clearly went in late and initiated the contact (twice) and pushed Charles off the road when he had the racing line.
    I just hope this empowers the drivers to be more aggressive and keeps the FIA out of the penalty business

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 30, 2019

Don't be too surprised when you see F1 in 2021 without Ferrari.

marco likes this.
  5. MRC Jun 30, 2019

Sure we will see them. Colour blue with white stripe, entered by North American Racing Team. Done it twice (?) before.

Don't be surprised when Ferrari become very awkward when the next Concorde Agreement meetings start. They have very special privileges.

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jun 30, 2019

Tell the stewards that.

7. fastfras Jun 30, 2019

NART! Now you're talking... wouldn't that be good for the sport?

8. MRC Jun 30, 2019

Stewards for an individual race are not involved in Concorde discussions. They are independant. Yeah.

I would not like to have Chase Carey's international phone bill for Monday.

BTW, get the Chase and Carey the right way round before Googling :eek:

9. jzerore Jun 30, 2019

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Their “we’ll take our ball and go home” mentality is getting old, even for a Ferrari fan (me). Their larger-than-anyone financial stake in the race series is a large part of F1’s current imbalance, and yet they cry “unfair” more than any other team. Nobody wants Ferrari to leave, but who isn’t sick of them threatening to.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  10. Vega Mike Jun 30, 2019

I agree, getting rid of blue flags would make racing more exciting. Names like Senna and Mansell, built their race craft and reputations on being able to cut through back markers while racing the car next car in front or behind them, rather than just being allowed to pass as is the case with blue flags.

On balance given the penalties of the last couple of races Max probably did deserve a penalty, but Im glad for the sport that the stewards didn't go that way, hopefully its a sign that drivers will be allowed to race!

11. Vega Mike Jun 30, 2019

As much as Ferrari say they will leave, I don't see them doing so as long as F1 is the premier motor sports category. As far as I am aware Ferrari does not spend money on marketing outside of F1, They rely on the exposure and heritage F1 racing to promote their road cars. As a Ferrari fan I have grown tired of hearing it too.

12. CJpickup57 Jun 30, 2019

Don’t forget WEC as well.

13. Vega Mike Jun 30, 2019

Perhaps, or a Formula E team

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 1, 2019

Max got hand slapped for what I think should have been a black flag 2 races ago in the pits when he hit Bottas. The release was not his fault, what he did after that was inexcusable.

Vettel gets a BS letter of the law ruling...

Max gets away violating the letter of the law...

I’m torn on if he deserved it or not... but if they are going to enforce letter of the law then do it.

TLDR: Max gets away with it again.

KingCrouchy, davy26 and MichaelRay like this.
  15. MichaelRay Jul 1, 2019

I know BMW is pulling out of WEC for Formula E, but for me Formula E is still unwatchable. Don’t see Ferrari making that switch just yet.

davy26 likes this.
  16. Vega Mike Jul 1, 2019

Porsche and Audi are also out of WEC.

I also don't expect Ferrari to leave F1 for Formula E, but I wouldn't be surprised if some years down the track they set up a sponsorship deal in Formula E in the same way they have done with Alfa with Sauber. They may choose to have the Maserati brand (as an example) sponsor a team as a way to straddle both categories.

Edited Jul 1, 2019
  17. Dogmann Jul 1, 2019

Hi all,

While everyone was winging about how predicable and boring the last F1 race was this race was anything but that and was a great race IMHO. It should be noted that of all the good drives yesterday Max was the only one to of suffered from a really poor start and it didn't take him to long to make up his lost places. I really don't see the comparison between the Vettel penalty and what Max did as Vettel left the track and gained an advantage on rejoining which is why I think he deserved a penalty Max and Le Clerc was just a hard racing incident IMO and yes I am not a Vettel fan but that's the way I see it.

It also looks like McLaren are back at last and Norris is showing just how good he really is now and still getting better as for Ricciardo I think the cost of making the move to Renault is beginning to show despite his ever grinning posture. I mean Renault can't even beat McLaren and are not even close to them just now he may of thought Max was getting better treatment but was being offered the same very high wages as him and would of at least still of been in a podium challenging car look where he is now and that's got to hurt.

As for the elephant in the room Williams they just really don't seem to be finding there way back at all and as for Kubica as much as it was a great come back story he just doesn't seem to be able to compete at this level any longer just compare him to his teammate and a rookie and it tells you all you need know.

Also as for Ferrari being hard done by not only do they and have they got the biggest financial package for a very long time I clearly remember for a very long time how nearly all decisions used to go in Ferrari's favour even when they used team orders which at the time were illegal so no I don't feel for them at all as am not a Ferrari fan due to their previous actions and behaviour in F1. As for Vettel quitting soon that may not actually be so far fetched and more a question of if he goes on his own accord or is pushed. Ferrari are known for being brutal with their decisions and whilst paying him so much they need to see results or he will be gone IMHO. If that happens just where is there for him to go especially at his high price point? I doubt it would be Mercedes and Red Bull would be a definite no IMO and I doubt McLaren would be interested either it could indeed be the end for him if things don't turn round soon as I think LeClerc is out performing him on merit as well.

Marc

DotOverNine likes this.
  18. Evitzee Jul 1, 2019

No idea what Ferrari will do regarding F1 but their stock, RACE, has been a great investment since they went public a few years ago.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  19. vbrad26 Jul 1, 2019

As a Ferrari fan, I don;t necessarily think the ruling against Seb in Canada was fair.
    As a Ferrari fan, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with what Max did this past weekend.

My problem (and seemingly every one else's) lies with the FIA.
    Either let them race, or don't.
    But don't be so f****** inconsistent from race to race.

I have not even bothered watching the last few races. It's just not the same anymore.

MichaelRay and KingCrouchy like this.
  20. simonsays Jul 1, 2019

I don’t think it’s inconsistent decision making. The rules broken were very different.

Initially I was on the side of penalising Seb. I thought he rejoined the track quite clumsily and was blocking Hamilton’s pass. On reflection I agree that was a natural racing instinct and the responsibility for taking advantage of the mistake and completing a successful passing move should lie with Hamilton.

This Sunday Max had his front wheels alongside Leclerc’s so as I understand it had more than equal rights to the racing line. The fact that 2 cars don’t fit on one line is racing.

I am glad they didn’t make a penalty. It would have been another very bad decision.

Making two bad decisions would not make for consistency. Just consistent poor judgement.

Edited Jul 1, 2019
    1965Speedie and vbrad26 like this.