Forums Latest Members
  1. CJpickup57 Jun 29, 2019

If you have 1:26min of time (including final turn of previous lap and the formal closing of the video) this is just pure joy to watch Leclerc surgically drive his pole winning lap. Just fantastic IMO.

jzerore and Vercingetorix like this.
  2. Evitzee Jun 29, 2019

Should be a good Sunday. There is also a cracker of a Moto GP race at the Assen TT circuit with 20 yo rookie Fabio Quartararo setting the fastest ever lap at the world famous circuit. Marquez is on the second row for the first time in a long time. DVR set up to get both races.

CJpickup57 likes this.
  3. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 29, 2019

Blocked:( I’m sure I can find it elsewhere. Don’t like YouTube unless I have to.

4. Evitzee Jun 29, 2019

^^^Just click on the YouTube link at the bottom of the message and it will take you to YouTube where the video is freely available. F1 lets you watch stuff on its YouTube channel but they don't allow linking directly to the F1 website for some reason that probably has legal implications.

tikkathree and CJpickup57 like this.
  5. texasmade Jun 30, 2019

Great race. I think last weekend’s borefest was due to Paul Ricard being a terrible track and not about the cars/aero.

CJpickup57 and jzerore like this.
  6. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 30, 2019

Lets hope the stewards don’t ruin it... Again. I dislike Max but do not want to see racing decided by the stewards.

jzerore likes this.
  7. jzerore Jun 30, 2019

I woke my baby up cheering at that last pass, and it was worth it!

texasmade and CJpickup57 like this.
  8. texasmade Jun 30, 2019

I agree but I wouldn’t be surprised if Max gets a penalty. I could see this one going either way.

9. MichaelRay Jun 30, 2019

Any decision at this point will be absolutely political. Should not take more than 5 minutes at the absolute most to make this call. Absolute chitshow

10. MichaelRay Jun 30, 2019

Finally, per FIA: “no further action”
    So much for consistency.
    I agree with not penalizing Max, but between this and Sebs penalty, I thought this was the worse between the two. Max breaked late and not only took the racing line from Charles, but hit him twice to run him off the road.

Edited Jun 30, 2019
  11. jzerore Jun 30, 2019

I also agree, but I can imagine Ferrari are livid. From their perspective, they’ve been on the wrong side of two penalties, both of which are controversial.

But bravo to the stewards for listening to the fans and not penalizing racing.

MichaelRay likes this.
  12. jzerore Jun 30, 2019

Also great to Norris and Albon driving so well. Between Leclerc and Verstappen and those two, it’s great to see the next class of drivers really stepping into the light.

I hope Albon gets a better drive, though. Can’t help but remember when Kvyat lost his seat to Verstappen when Gasly finishes so far off his teammate’s pace. Was he an entire lap down?

Foo2rama likes this.
  13. stevec14 Jun 30, 2019

I agree, but if the Canada one was a penalty then I suspect that should be too.

But common sense has won out. They need to tweak the rules ASAP I think.

MichaelRay likes this.
  14. fastfras Jun 30, 2019

This race result illustrates who the competition for Hamilton really are - Verstappen, Leclerc and to a lesser extent Bottas. Vettel seems to be slipping into the second tier or perhaps retirement.

Enjoyable race, fantastic run by Verstappen, Leclerc, while very good, has yet to find the killer instinct needed to top the podium. In all likelihood he'll be there this year.

Mercedes, particularly Hamilton, were not on their game all weekend. I'm assuming it was the track and not Ferrari and Red Bull making a complete turn around with power + handling advantage that will change the direction of this years championship.

Next week should be a cracker...

MichaelRay, KingCrouchy and jzerore like this.
  15. Evitzee Jun 30, 2019

Max gets to keep his win. I don't think the stewards were in any mood to take away another win after the flack they received from their Canadian decision. If Vettel hadn't been punished in Canada they may well have docked Verstappen in this race. The world moves on.

MichaelRay and KingCrouchy like this.
  16. Martin_J_N Jun 30, 2019

Let drivers race, stop all this nonsense with not moving when attempts are being made to overtake, blue flags forcing drivers to move out of the way, if the driver is good enough he will over take, F1 is getting to the point whereby there is no racing, I want to see cars racing, I want to see drivers having to drive and think about the race, work out the plan, work out how to get to the end, stop the teams from running the race, determining what happens and when. Sorry for the rant but after 40 years of watching F1 I have never been as bored of it as I am now.

17. texasmade Jun 30, 2019

Gasly has finished several races a lap off the pace. It’s one thing to not be able to keep up with Max but his car is good enough to not have to fight with the mid field. Bottas, Vettel, Leclerc aren’t fighting the mid field when they’re off the pace. Everyone in a top team clears the mid field and gets stuck in no mans land. Gasly can’t even do that right now.

MichaelRay likes this.
  18. Wivac Terribly special Jun 30, 2019

Erm....according to Ch4 ( post Sky highlights) Racing Point weren't materially on track.

19. jzerore Jun 30, 2019

They probably had to get Lawrence Stroll’s laundry

Foo2rama and Wivac like this.
  20. MRC Jun 30, 2019

formula1.com website: readers' votes on "it was a fair move" / "deserving of a penalty".

Just under 300,000 votes at 22:40 UTC.

84% for a penalty.

I have a paid account there and the site shows my first name so I'm not sure if this is open or account holders only.

Foo2rama likes this.