Forums Latest Members
  1. vbrad26 Apr 2, 2019

I still need to watch it.
    I watched the 1st episode the night it came out but haven't had the time to commit to the TV otherwise...

2. texasmade Apr 3, 2019

Every other word from Steiner is an f bomb. Great entertainment from him.

3. shishy www.hpmor.com Apr 3, 2019

That documentary was beautifully shot and very, very entertaining. Nice window into the behind the scenes drama. I'm sure my non Formula 1 friends enjoyed watching it too.

4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Apr 14, 2019

:mad: Says it all.

5. simonsays Apr 14, 2019

I would like to hear the rationale behind leaving Leclerc out for those extra laps before his first stop, sloppy tactics.

6. Albe100 Apr 14, 2019

It actually got a few of my friends back into watching F1. It’s a great recap of a season and it leads into this current one. Gives a good insight as well within the teams and especially the midfield teams

7. fastfras Apr 14, 2019

It's definitely a good watch.

BTW.. 75 and counting.

8. texasmade Apr 14, 2019

Vettel completely screwing Max in Q was lol. Ferrari management not knowing what to do for race day strategy is par for the course.

9. simonsays Apr 14, 2019

I guess that’s the end of polite queueing in qually. I think it will be chaos in Monaco regardless.

10. speedydownunder Apr 14, 2019

The Leclerc/Vettel relationship seems to have an imminent expiry date. Will be interesting to watch

::popcorn::

bigdubnick, lando and Foo2rama like this.
  11. loniscup Apr 15, 2019

Never seen before a driver obeying immediately to such orders and THEN talking about it!! Leclerc shows some character right?

12. Wivac Terribly special Apr 15, 2019

I fell asleep during the Channel 4 highlights, worth rewatching?

Also, any other UK / C4 viewers notice anything odd about Quali? Did they chop chunks out of Q1 & 2?

13. jimmyd13 Apr 15, 2019

Dunno ... I fell asleep during the qualifying, though I managed to stay awake for the race. I expected Max to take Seb out during his first attempted overtake following Seb's antics in qualifying (which I absolutely understand were really of Max's making but the fun part of all of this is that Max never understands that).

Wivac likes this.
  14. simonsays Apr 15, 2019

I don’t understand why you say it’s of Max’s making? I think Seb will pay the price for it at some point. I also think a big crash is coming in qualifying due to the tyres needing to be treated this way.

I don’t think we have heard Leclerc’s real feelings about the team orders. All I have heard from him is a standard media reply. I imagine behind the scenes he is fuming. Ferrari are proberbly the biggest and least subtle issuers of team orders, but I don’t think his radio will work as well, if he feels less of a new boy and keeps showing speed and still has competitive points total.

loniscup likes this.
  15. jimmyd13 Apr 15, 2019

Max was slowing down to allow himself a gap for his flying lap. What he either didn't realise or didn't care about was that in slowing down, those behind him wouldn't get across the start line before the session ended. In fact, two other cars missed their flying lap.

While I think he is a talented, entertaining and a race winning driver he lacks the total perception of others in the field. It's going to continue to bite him until he can rectify that fault in himself.

16. simonsays Apr 15, 2019

From the footage I saw he was matching Leclerc’s pace until Vettel over took. He then slowed to get clean air again, at this point it unravelled and others realised there was not enough time to get to the start line, admittedly he seemed slow to realise the danger.
    It’s the second time Vettal has broken the unwritten rule of not overtaking after the penultimate corner in qualifying. The future of that politeness, well as they say in Holland, I think you can now write that on your hand.
    He is very young but has more experience and maturity than most F1 drivers. I don’t think you will see a mistake twice, and Vettal will be on the ‘hit’ list, maybe literally in unfavourable circumstances.

17. bigdubnick Apr 15, 2019

Highlights from Shanghai race for me...
    1) Max trying to overtake Vettel...no damage (surprising given the quali chatter)
    2) Mercedes double stack pit - incredible coordination executed beautifully
    3) Ricciardo finished a race!

Foo2rama likes this.
  18. texasmade Apr 15, 2019

I don't really fault either guys in that situation. Max was slowing down to give himself clean air and was following the unwritten rule which was going to prevent others from completing their lap. Seb knowing he wasn't going to get a lap in had to gun it and broke the rule. Tough situation where both were in the right and in the wrong. Still hilarious to see Max's onboard where you see Seb overtaking him with Max cursing all pissed off and then the Renault's flooring it to try to get a lap in.

simonsays likes this.
  19. vbrad26 Apr 15, 2019

Hammy said it himself:

[​IMG]

lol

loniscup and bigdubnick like this.
  20. simonsays Apr 16, 2019

Hamilton does like to wind Verstappen up when given the opportunity

vbrad26 and bigdubnick like this.