Forums Latest Members
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 31, 2019

385AD0CD-C1E5-4AF4-8C97-A108390B5FBD.gif

Wivac likes this.
  2. texasmade Mar 31, 2019

Renault saw that RB Honda and Max were going to get another podium so they had both cars go out on purpose to bring out the safety car to screw over RB.

3. Evitzee Mar 31, 2019

Rivcc
    I don't think that is what happened, too easy to discover those kind of shenanigans today.

marco likes this.
  4. simonsays Mar 31, 2019

Meltdown it is.

marco likes this.
  5. MRC Mar 31, 2019

And the red light flashing on Ricky's car to warn the marshalls away was a dummy activated from the pitwall!

Has to be, if the car was safe for Ricciardo to climb out of how was it not safe to touch?

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 31, 2019

It’s why he did not replace the wheel. As long as you don’t touch the car and be grounded your fine. You can jump off of the car.

marco likes this.
  7. Riviera Paradise Mar 31, 2019

Great race, action packed all the way! Even the SC drama at the end kept you on your toes.

Leclerc was superb after a weak start, indeed, amazing pace difference to Vettel, A very solid drive by Hamilton, maximizing what he had (after another poor start) and with a great passing move on Mr 180 Vettel.

Good efforts from Verstappen and Norris as well. Bottas seemed lost with the balance of his car.

Vettel needs to reassert himself immediately at the next race, as Leclerc will only gain in confidence from this weekend and start lining up personal best sectors during qualifying. Again it only takes one race for things to swing around, but what I think will be worrying for Vettel is Leclerc's mature and calm temperament, and he is clearly the paddock darling.

2019 seems to have the potential to be a thrilling season. Looking forward to the next race.

Edited Mar 31, 2019
    marco, bigdubnick, Albe100 and 3 others like this.
  8. simonsays Apr 1, 2019

It looked like very difficult conditions, and adapting to the wind conditions was key to some performances. Hearing Hamilton talk about his overtake on Vettel was interesting, that he has time to notice the direction flags are waving and use that information while racing an F1 car, amazing!
    I wonder if the outside of the track was dirtier, as both Hamilton and Leclerc struggled with their starts on that side?

It was a race defined by reliability issues and mistakes, and those who kept it together and capitalised of them. What happened to HAAS?

Regardless, super entertaining and looking forward to more.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  9. Wivac Terribly special Apr 1, 2019

2 races in and the questions in my mind are around how long will RB give Gasly to improve? Max is their chosen one, was Gasly promoted too early? Is the RB that much of a different beast to the TR that is he needs to adapt his style? Should they have gone with Sainz?

10. simonsays Apr 1, 2019

I remember Kvyat reporting how he had to completely change his driving style when he was demoted to Torro Rosso.
    It makes sense, they are completely different cars, with unique chassis and aerodynamics which will behave very differently. The power units are only a part of the performance, and don’t have much influence on how the car actually drives.

Gasly must be feeling the pressure but I think the Red Bull is not as good as the team would like, and is being flattered by Max’s talent.

I think he needs to work out what’s wrong pdq, though I don’t think he will be dumped mid season. I don’t see anyone hanging over his shoulder like Bottas has in Ocon?

11. vbrad26 Apr 1, 2019

As a Seb fan, I'm quickly loosing faith.
    Perhaps since he always had a great car and almost no competition, it made it easy for him.
    But now that he's having to work for his wins, he's making errors! Cracking under pressure it seems.
    Maybe it wasn't totally his fault, it was very windy. But Time will tell.
    As for LEC, gutted for him.
    He really deserved that Win.
    But of course, Lewis Lucky Hamilton was once again in the right place at the right time. He always is lol.
    He did have some good nice words for LEC so that gave him a couple points in my book.

Edited Apr 1, 2019
  12. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Apr 1, 2019

It looks like Ferrari needs to replace their Magneti Marelli components with something more reliable, like Lucas.:mad:

fastfras likes this.
  13. texasmade Apr 1, 2019

Haas needs to improve their race operations. The team not warning Grosjean that the McLaren was coming up on him doing a fast lap and to get off the racing line is beyond stupid. They keep making stupid errors.

marco likes this.
  14. simonsays Apr 1, 2019

I did see that Lando blamed Vettal more than Grosjean post session. Apparently Vettal broke the unwritten rule of not passing on the last turn before starting a lap.
    Grosjean was then forced to slow down to make a gap for his fast lap or waste it. That took him from being clear of Lando to being in his way, a matter of 2 seconds and no time for the team to adjust and warn him

15. arturo7 Apr 1, 2019

Too much Bailey's in my coffee...

Foo2rama, bigdubnick and Wivac like this.
  16. texasmade Apr 1, 2019

Okay, didn't know that one. Thanks for clarifying.

simonsays likes this.
  17. fastfras Apr 1, 2019

Number 74 and counting, 18 more for the win.

18. nisssmo2000 Apr 1, 2019

Has anyone watched the Netflix series F1?! I just finished episode 1, last night and it was amazing!

Foo2rama likes this.
  19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 1, 2019

It’s great and gives more insight to a lot of things happening. I was surprised when Ricardo was talking about Merc and Ferrari. Also it shows what the paddock and Merc think of Bottas. I don’t think the fans think he is underperforming but apparently everyone is in F1.

shishy, Wivac and nisssmo2000 like this.
  20. arturo7 Apr 2, 2019

Tip top!