Forums Latest Members
  1. simonsays Mar 29, 2019

I don’t see that? Hamilton was super corporate and towed the line to the point of monotony when he was at McLaren, not showing the public much at all until he left for Mercedes?
    I also can’t think of anything HAM has done that is unsportsmanlike?

That HAM was challenging Alonso and beating him in his first season in F1 caused Alonso to throw all the toys out of the pram, and lost him his seat in a competative car in the process setting the tone for his uncompetitive future.
    He was always the fast driver held back by uncompetitive machinery, I think that’s where he was comfortable, show a few flashes of genius getting unexpected results, loudly blame the car the rest of the time.

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  2. simonsays Mar 30, 2019

Interesting practice times Ricardo and Gasly slow, but Ferrari have put some air in the tyres or something?

3. simonsays Mar 30, 2019

Are we going to see a Vettal melt down if Leclerc continues to be this quick? Or do you think it will inspire him to improve his game...

4. Evitzee Mar 30, 2019

I'm not sure Vettel will/can respond. Leclerc is young and hungry.

5. MRC Mar 30, 2019

From the post-qualifying press conference:

Q: (Frederic Ferret - L'Equipe) Question to Lewis and Sebastian: when you had your first pole, you won. What are your expectations for Charles tomorrow?

Vettel: I think we both hope he doesn't win! Straightforward!

I hope young M. Charles continues the tradition :thumbsup:

Millenary Watches and Foo2rama like this.
  6. texasmade Mar 30, 2019

Lol. I like Vettel’s response.

7. bdp Mar 30, 2019

Sounds like Vettel has been taking interview lessons from Kimi :D

All jokes aside, looks like it could be a good race not only at the front but also with the mid pack. ::popcorn::

8. arturo7 Mar 30, 2019

It's always good in the mid pack.

Especially when you have a team to root for.

Go Haas!

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 30, 2019

Haas out performing Alfa is interesting.

McLaren out performing Renault.

Williams having such issues even with the MB engine... I hate to say it but at what point is Claire going to be forced out?

I wonder if they are televising the tests afterwards. I’m curious as to Alonso’s times in the McLaren.

bdp likes this.
  10. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Mar 31, 2019

I’ve a mate (Brit based in the Middle East) who used to simply go along to the races but who eventually became a scrutineer.

His good lady wife (luckily also into F1) used to tag along to watch the racing.
    He emailed me to let me know his wife was now also attending her first race as a scrutineer, in the Ferrari garage.

I jokingly said that I hoped she’d be distracted by the handsome young Leclerc and allow Ferrari to get away with murder.

And lo and behold he puts his car on pole......

Forza Ferrari!

So if you see a pretty blonde in a scrutineer’s bib hanging around Leclerc’s car on the grid today - that’s Rachael.
    Long may she continue to scrutineer if it means the Prancing Horse stays in front of the Silver Arrows on the grid.

11. Millenary Watches Mar 31, 2019

Would be interesting to see Leclerc take the victory!;):)

12. scv55 Mar 31, 2019

Very happy for Leclerc! Forza Ferrari...

This season should be a good one. Very competitive midfield should always make for good racing, and if we see the front row go back and forth all season I think fans will be satisfied.

13. texasmade Mar 31, 2019

Great race. Too bad for LeClerc but he got saved with the safety car at the end. French and Italian engineering just isn’t up to par apparently.

14. Evitzee Mar 31, 2019

Vettel does some dumb stuff, especially when Hamilton is involved. Tough luck for Leclerc.

15. Dogmann Mar 31, 2019

Hi all,
    real shame for Le Clerc but I think he is only going to get better and stronger as time goes on, as for Vettel I think the end is nigh for him as I don't think Ferrari will continue to pay him the big bucks without him delivering what they have wanted for so long and he just seems to be lacking in anything less than a totally dominant car and wheel to wheel racing IMHO. The Merc's showed there usual reliability and both Hamilton and Bottas both drove well as did Max in the Red Bull. i wonder just how long before Ricciardo realises just how big a mistake he has made by moving to Renault.

Marc

16. arturo7 Mar 31, 2019

Quite a dramatic race exit for Renault.

Bang Bang

Both Honda motors gone on the same lap.

17. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Mar 31, 2019

What you got in that pipe?

lando, Foo2rama and Linzer like this.
  18. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Mar 31, 2019

That was a criminal ending to a good race.
    My heart goes out to Leclerc.
    However, he will pick himself up - and I think we have seen the first proper steps of a future (dare I say great) champion

19. texasmade Mar 31, 2019

Max and Leclerc both look like future champions but Leclerc is much easier to root for than Max.

20. MRC Mar 31, 2019

s/Honda/Renault/

But the Renault engine in the back of Lando Norris' McLaren propelled him to an excellent 6th place. Installation problem in the Renault cars?