For the love of lugs ?

Posts
15,943
Likes
47,863
The articulated lugs on the 1950s Gruen “diver’s” watch. Handy to have in an era of three on the tree, and Armstrong steering.

 
Posts
6,705
Likes
79,958
lugs
Lugs? 😲

What are lugs? 😕

They sound like some sort of new fangled gizmo(s)...and they’re probably just a fad. 😁

“No Fad Friday”... 👍

Edited:
 
Posts
3,593
Likes
8,210
Love your Bulova, @allwoundup !
Did you make your strap or have it made?
I have something similar I haven't gotten around to yet.

Yours:

Mine: (Photo and watch courtesy of Kyle L)

 
Posts
1,957
Likes
25,760
Love your Bulova, @allwoundup !
Did you make your strap or have it made?
I have something similar I haven't gotten around to yet.

Yours:

Mine: (Photo and watch courtesy of Kyle L)

That's a very handsome Omega you have there.

My watchmaker took a standard style strap and cut a center notch into it to fit the Bulova "Doug Corrigan" lugs. Post photos of your Omega once you get a strap on it. Cheers!
 
Posts
1,180
Likes
4,233
Great idea, great thread!
Imho, lugs are so important for making a watch attractive.

Shark Fin:


Angelus with stepped lugs:


Spider lugs



Hinged lugs


angled lugs

or just razor sharp like new lugs
 
Posts
134
Likes
199
Just like a different leather straps....the lugs can make a watch feel entirely different. I have made purchases based off the lug design before, glad im not the only one 😀
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
8,284
radiomir’s wire lug is pretty cool, till Apple stole it.