Forums Latest Members

"For All Mankind" on AppleTV+

1. ryankelly Dec 26, 2019

We got through the season finale last night. Really solid season (done by same people who did "Battlestar Galactica" and "Outlander") and features a ton of Speedies (I screengrabbed a Speedy-centric shot from a previous episode). Curious if anyone else watches, and if so, what their thoughts are about the finale.

fam.png
    pweingarten and Thrasher36 like this.
  2. jsducote Dec 26, 2019

Have not watched yet. Waiting to binge. Had not heard a lot of talk about this series, so glad to find someone who will vouch for it.

3. ryankelly Dec 26, 2019

Yeah, I ask people about it irl when talking TV and not many people have heard of it. I think Apple TV has gotten lost in the shuffle a little with the launch of Disney Plus. (We got a free trial when we bought the AppleTV 4k box a couple months ago; not sure we would've paid for it right off the bat). Definitely a good show though. Gets kind of bonkers (in a good way) near the end of the season.

4. Martin_F Dec 26, 2019

Started watching the other day. Think I'm up to episode 5 now. So far so good...
    Agreed on the Speedmasters, would like to know if they were loaned for the production, or if someone signed a big check to buy all the watches...

5. sgrossma Dec 26, 2019

I couldn’t get past the first episode

6. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Dec 26, 2019

I also couldn't get past first episode, then tried again...Im now on ep5. Its decent, not as good as SEE or Morning Show.

7. ryankelly Dec 26, 2019

Haha, was thinking same - possible they bought two or three and rotate them around to whom they're filming. Could also be props!

8. ryankelly Dec 26, 2019

Are those worth trying?

We also just finished Watchmen... not an Apple show, but was really really good, prob a cut above For All Mankind which I really liked.

9. Martin_F Dec 26, 2019

That's what I was thinking too. So now I'm trying to see if different characters use different straps, but it seems everyone's got a black strap.
    Because I don't think they'd go through the trouble of changing out straps every time they hand them of to someone else...
    Now the big question, Sapphire or Hesalite :D

Also thought it was appropriate that Gordo was wearing a Rolex during the backstory of the Astronaut couple ;)

ryankelly likes this.
  10. ryankelly Dec 26, 2019

In some of the intravehicular space scenes, the straps definitely look like the Nasa straps that places like Kizzi reverse engineer and sell. They really paid attention to detail (and the whole series looks fantastic in 4k).

I've been noticing the watch changes too (can't help it); there's one notable one in upcoming episodes that I can't really describe without it being a minor spoiler. :) Back half of the season just keeps ratcheting up the tension.

11. jsducote Dec 26, 2019

I'm almost ready to binge See too. What kind of watches should I be looking for in this one? ;)

12. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Dec 26, 2019

absolutely...the two best shows on AppleTV+

ryankelly likes this.
  13. OmegaFan503 Dec 28, 2019

Didn't know about the speedies on the show. I guess I will start now :D. Thanks!

14. Walrus Dec 29, 2019

How is Apple TV in general? 1in 7 people in the world has an Apple product, that doesn’t take into account the many who have 2 or more but I’m curious to see how Apple TV will do. It’s a smart move to keep people in the Apple ecosystem. Apple is also working on their own satellite network to send data to products cutting out sprint and the other providers.

15. vbrad26 Sep 9, 2020

I finally watched this show.
    Like a couple people mentioned, the first episode was a little slow.
    But, I usually give most shows a few episodes to lay the groundwork.
    And this show definitely got better episode after episode in my opinion. Plus, there were copious amounts of Speedies in the 2nd half of the season.

16. llvhhui Sep 9, 2020

I can never get into shows like that. We all know what happened. What's the point of watching it if there is no suspense. I might as well go watch a documentary then.

17. Capt Cave Man Sep 9, 2020

I've recently had a binge on AWAY series 1 via Netflix in the UK.

Speedmaster's a plenty with vecro during space walks... I was looking out for Skywalker's too as a mission to Mars but didn't spot anything.

18. vbrad26 Sep 9, 2020

You do know the premise of this show....right? lol.

19. llvhhui Sep 9, 2020

I thought it was just a tv version of the movie First Man.

20. vbrad26 Sep 9, 2020

Ah see not at all. Give it a shot!
    It is a series about if the Russians actually made it to the moon first. And there is a lot more story that gets inserted into it as well.
    I was skeptical at first but glad I watched it. My wife was even into it.

llvhhui likes this.