Forums Latest Members

Fit Deployment Clasp from 2254.50 Bracelet on Rubber Band?

1. Athib25 Jul 15, 2020

I recently bought a Seamaster 2254.50. It’s my first luxury time piece and I love it.

I’ve been looking around for a way to use the Omega made deployment clasp from the steel bracelet that came with the watch on a rubber band but having no luck. It seems the only way to get an OEM deployment class is to but the skeletal looking one that accepts almost any band. There is a company that offers the ability to use the OEM deployment clasp for Rolex at everestbands.com and I was curious if there was a similar company that provides the same service for Omega.

2. snunez Jul 15, 2020

I see this is your first post. Welcome. Your message is slightly confusing, the deployant clasps from a metal bracelet aren't typically used in anything other than metal bracelets. You might be able to make one work on leather or rubber, but you're probably better off getting a clasp designed for the job. Search the forums for deployant clasps and you'll find a lot of previous discussion.

Athib25 likes this.
  3. SkunkPrince Jul 15, 2020

You’re better off buying the rubber dive strap for the 2254.50.

4. amcclell Jul 15, 2020

If Omega branding on the buckle is important, you could buy an aftermarket rubber strap and an Omega stainless buckle. If you want a deployment clasp, Zuludiver makes an Italian rubber strap with their own deployment clasp. I bought one for my 2254 but have not put it on yet. Your bracelet deployment won't fit on anything but an Omega bracelet. 20200715_113457.jpg 20200715_113429.jpg

Athib25 likes this.
  5. Athib25 Jul 17, 2020

Thank you, everyone. I apologize for the confusion.
    The way that the deployment clasp attaches to the Omega steel bracelet seems to be pretty unique. The company everestbands.com makes straps that fit the Rolex OEM deployment clasp, and I would assume that the Rolex would have similarly proprietary designs on their clasps. I was just curious to see if there were any companies out there that design rubber straps to mate the unique Omega (Steel bracelet) deployment clasp. I think there would have to be some sort of reinforcement inside the rubber where the attachment points are.
    upload_2020-7-17_11-46-28.png

6. SkunkPrince Jul 17, 2020

Omega accessories are relatively inexpensive, so a person wouldn't gain much.

Therer are two official and one un-official but fits rubber strap for the 2254.50. You can see them in this thread:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/omega-seamaster-2254-50-rubber-bracelet.161181/

The strap on the Planet Ocean near the bottom has an equivalent that fits the 2254.50 as well.

Unless Omega has raised prices lately (and they do that sometimes) I think they are all less than $500 (clasps are usually sold separately but I include them in this cost).

Athib25 likes this.