First Watch Recommendation

Hello everyone! I was just trying to decide between these 3 models, I love the color on Heritage 300 and Steel-Gold already(navy-yellow).

For me, SMP is 5940 Euros
Heritage 300 is 6800 Euros
and the steel-Gold version is 8400 euros.

I already have the mesh steel strap because of my father, which I will be using.

I’m willing to pay 900 Euros more for the Heritage 300 because I just love the color.

For my first watch, I want it to be versatile, so do you guys think the Heritage and/or the steel-gold model is worth it? Or is SMP the best bet?
Thanks for your help!
IMG_2225.jpeg IMG_2226.jpeg IMG_2228.jpeg

You can find the Seamaster 300 heritage on the gray market for a lot less than retail, especially on the strap if you don’t intend to buy the bracelet and put it on mesh. I bought mine (black on the bracelet) for 25% off and it was like new, with a valid warranty dated only a few months prior. Bet you could find one for a good price if you shop around, just make sure the seller has good reviews and is legit.

Heritage for me out of those three…HE valve does my head in.

But if I was younger SMP.

All of those are a solid watch choices. So you can’t loose…

Heritage for me out of those three…HE valve does my head in.

But if I was younger SMP.

All of those are a solid watch choices. So you can’t loose…

you know, it is hysterical. I read your message and my immediate first reaction to it was to think "I'm younger and I went with the heritage!" 😵‍💫😎 and then I was like "...oh wait. am I?"

OP, it really depends upon what kind of a statement you are trying to make.that blue and gold is sure to make a statement, and the heritage is likely to fit more situations and outfits and generally be a little less flashy but still incredibly tasteful.

If you do go with the Heritage I strongly recommend the bracelet, it is one of the most comfortable Omega bracelets currently produced. And like Chambers said, go gray if you can. There are a lot of great condition watches out there and the used market has been softening considerably for the last year+.

Edit: oh, one last thing.. the lug width on the heritage is 21mm, so your mesh strap might not fit. May or may not be a consideration for you, but I'd say it shouldn't be a strong one. The bracelet really is that good.
Edited:

The Heritage is imho definitely the most versatile among the mentioned watches, surely looks good on various straps and bracelets.

Of those I would also go heritage. Most versatile IMHO and as others have mentioned.

Personally I’d love the bronze gold Heritage but that’s around £12,000 in the UK although I’ve seen them listed grey for about £8,000. Good luck whichever you go with. All sound choices.

Interesting (to me) that, in the context of this lineup, so many are fans of the steel Heritage. I do like the watch's design generally and have come close to buying a few different variations of it on a few occasions. But the faux-tina on this particular dial (the tan coloration of the indices meant to make the watch look vintage when it's not) just doesn't work for me: it would make me feel like I was wearing an "homage" piece, or a piece of costume jewelry. Like STANDY, I'm no fan of the HE valve, but I can overlook that. Can't overlook the "old man makeup" look of the dial--it's like watching the guy who played Biff Tannen in Back to the Future try to play a geriatric version of himself in the sequel. Oomph. They used to have versions (one gen ago) with white indices, but I guess all of those are discontinued. In the current lineup, the summer blue one might be the winner.

But I'm clearly the outlier here, so don't listen to me. 😀

In my opinion, of the ones you suggested, the winner is the SMP. While the gray dial variant has never called to me from the screen, anyone who doubts it should see it in the metal. It has a gravity to it that doesn't come through in pictures. (The only other watch that's had a similar effect on me--pics vs in-person--is the polar Explorer II: always hated it in photos, but was totally gobsmacked the first time I saw one in the wild.) It's got impeccable Omega DNA, being, in some ways, among the truest, most direct descendants of the original Bond Seamaster. And its overall form-factor is unmistakable brand IP: the Heritage has a more generic diver look, but this one is Omega from a mile away. It's an exciting watch that you won't get bored with anytime soon.

That said, I would not pay over 3500 Euros for it---not when there are hundreds of them in excellent preowned condition currently for sale. The retail prices for most Omegas are ludicrously high relative to "street value." None of the watches you listed are worth paying retail for, really. I wouldn't, anyway.

Again, thanks everyone, I just fell in love with the Heritage model and pulled the trigger. Really happy, honeymoon phase of course 😀. IMG_2240.jpeg

After all the sh!t I just talked about it, gotta admit: it looks fantastic. Killer on that mesh bracelet, and seems to suit your wrist just right.

the summer blue one might be the winner.
(chews food) That goes without saying.

SBOJ.jpeg

But---- but congratulations to the OP on your choice. It looks great and I'm glad you love it! Wear it in health.

After all the sh!t I just talked about it, gotta admit: it looks fantastic. Killer on that mesh bracelet, and seems to suit your wrist just right.
Appreciate it 🙌 😂

(chews food) That goes without saying.

SBOJ.jpeg

But---- but congratulations to the OP on your choice. It looks great and I'm glad you love it! Wear it in health.
Right back at you, yours is lovely as well! 🙌

Any Seamaster would be a fantastic choice.

Wow that was quick, was going to say go Heritage as that sounded like the one you really wanted. Congrats!