First vintage watch - Omega Constellation Railtrack

Hello fellow watch lovers,

I have read up quite a bit on Omega Constellation vintage watches here in the forum and I think I am ready to get my first vintage watch.
But because I know enough by now, to know I don't know everything, I thought I'd also ask you guys before I finalize my first purchase.
So what I was looking for the last few months was an Omega Constellation with either the Railtrack, Waffle or Piepan (with arrowheads) dial. For personal reasons I was really interested in a watch with a decent Observatorium on the case back and in general in good condition. My budget is roundabout 2k€. I saw some old offers I fell in love with in the forum but all already gone sadly. Finally, now below is one that I found and adore. Price point 2.100€, which is not a low nor very high price I think (correct me if I'm wrong).
It's a Railtrack Omega Constellation, only slightly polished case back, decent dial with a little scratch at the 1 hour mark, but in original condition (not painted). As far as I can see only the crown has been replaced. The rest seems to be in a good original condition. No patina. The watch has been serviced 2018 and the seller offers me a warranty until 2030?. Haven't heard of the seller so not sure how reliable that promise is. Observatorium is visible and nice. Sadly no original buckle or box. But the strap is also from Omega.

So what do you think? Should I pull the trigger or wait? Is the price and condition alright?
I'm very excited!
Thanks in advance to OF and to all the members who wrote and will write helpful tips.Screenshot_20230113-233317.png Screenshot_20230113-233340.png Screenshot_20230113-233354.png Screenshot_20230113-233827.png Screenshot_20230113-233748.png

So, they warranty more years than the Factory when new? Strange

How do you think your communication will go when you attempt collection on your warranty or if a deal goes sideways?

Do you like gold-capped cases?

Ask for hi Rez pix in natural sunlight and un-processed/manipulated.
Edited:

Like 1
Yeah the warranty is where I lost a lot of trust. That seemed off... That's why I also don't really put any value to it.

The watch itself looks great in my eyes. I like the gold-capped look. And definitely wanted a rail-track in my collection at some point.

Ok I'll ask for pics in natural light. Thanks for the tip!

I just got one from a member here who had already sold another. Keep on eye out and you'll find a gem. Mine says hi today!

Like 1
I just got one from a member here who had already sold another. Keep on eye out and you'll find a gem. Mine says hi today!
That's a beautiful piece!

Just a little confused. Do you mean I could find one in better condition or better price or better seller?

Like 1
That's a beautiful piece!

Just a little confused. Do you mean I could find one in better condition or better price or better seller?

Yeah There is an entire for sale section here with many quality watches for sale from trusted sellers. Unfortunate it doesn't seem like any other railtracks are on there right now.

Yeah There is an entire for sale section here with many quality watches for sale from trusted sellers. Unfortunate it doesn't seem like any other railtracks are on there right now.
I was already looking the last few months. There was one in particular I liked but which was already sold by the time I found it. Might be even yours :D 17.12.22?

But compared to that listing, this is also pretty similar isn't it? In terms of condition and price I mean.

So, seller aside, does anyone find anything that's wrong with the watch? Price, condition etc?

Price seems high to me. You are putting a lot of value to the service and warranty.

Interesting, thank you! What would you say "should" be the price for the watch? Assuming I don't put any value to the warranty. Because the 'warranty' seems a little off to me.

I think 1500 euro should get a nice one with proper crown, maybe not a rail track. It's hard to be patient but there are watches coming along aon ebay and on this forum.