Forums Latest Members
  1. petay Jul 30, 2018

Been contemplating a vintage Omega for several years but never pulled the trigger - often due to worries over redials or because i don't know what the going rate should be for a certain model here in the UK.

I am looking for a casual everyday wear watch to add into the rotation. Budget wise i want to keep it under £1000 gbp. Would love some recommendations along with trusted sellers in the UK & Europe.

many thanks in advance
    Pete

2. auxpomme Jul 30, 2018

Check out the private watch sales here on this forum.

3. Edward53 Jul 31, 2018

Do you like date, day-date, non-date? Gold, steel or gold cap? 50s, 60s or 70s style? Manual or automatic? Subseconds or sweep seconds? (Omega chronos obviously not an option with that budget.) If you are serious about finding one it is a good idea to focus on a particular type, read up all you can about it and study as many dial photos as you can. As well as dial condition, pointers to look at are a) are hands the right style and right length, b) is the case polished, worn or damaged, c) does the case ref match the movement, d) do the colour and condition of the movement parts match each other, e) do all parts match, eg why is the movement badly discoloured but the dial looks new? You also need to factor in a couple of hundred or so for service costs.

felsby likes this.
  4. Hnansen Jul 31, 2018

Dan S likes this.