First vintage Moonwatch-145.012-67, how'd I do?

Hello all- long time lurker here on OF and purchased my first modern Speedy from a member a couple years ago, with another on the way. Of course that got me hooked and after much reading and looking pulled the trigger on my first vintage one last weekend, a 145.012-67 (August 1968 production).

Eagerly awaiting its arrival via this eBay listing. Put in an offer to take advantage of the additional holiday 10% off, taking it for just under $8K. Listing indicated unpolished with original dial, hands, pushers, crown, which look correct to me, but I'm also fairly new to it all with limited experience in-hand. Will probably eventually try to get a period bracelet, but personally like the leather. Many thanks to an OF member who chatted helped me along the way. Hope I did alright.

Will post better photos once in-hand. Look forward to engaging here as I learn more.
Cheers

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
From your comment about the Aug. 68 manufacturing date, may I safely assume that the watch came with an Omega Extract of the Archives?

Other than that, the watch looks great to me... but as always, I will await confirmation from the real “OF vintage pros” around here. 👍

It seems this watch is not available for sale anymore.

It seems this watch is not available for sale anymore.
That’s because the OP stated they bought it. They are asking for opinions after the fact.

Well, I’d say you did pretty well!

The good: dial body, bezel, case and crown (original!). Movement appears to be in order too, although some will likely argue the bridges have slightly different colors.
The not so good: dial lume which is a bit patchy / grimy and hands, which, imho are less attractive.

All in all, this appears to be a pretty good example which you’ve bought at almost exactly the price listed on Speedmaster101 for a good 145.012-67.

Ultimately, the question is whether you’re happy with it. If I would have bought this watch at the price mentioned, I would be. 👍

That’s because the OP stated they bought it. They are asking for opinions after the fact.
Oups sorry, I read OP first post too fast...

Yes, it has an extract.

Ultimately, the question is whether you’re happy with it. If I would have bought this watch at the price mentioned, I would be. 👍

I do, obviously need to see in hand for sure, but like the patina wanted to go that route initially but started with the modern (2019) Moonwatch first and has become a favorite.

Yes, it is on its way to me. Consulted other's separately before I bought, but never know if something was missed and figured a good way to start off here by sharing. 👍