Forums Latest Members

First "real" watch - real or fake?

1. Foobar Feb 27, 2020

Hi!

I recently bought a Speedmaster Reduced (3510.50.00) as a graduation present, after having spent nearly 7 years in school and landing my first salaried job.

I am 99.9% sure the watch is legit. I purchased from a local reputable dealer. The hesalite crystal has the characteristic Omega logo positioned right over the center wheel, the lume is apparent in the dark, the watch itself appears to match literature dimensions, the seconds hand doesn't "tick" but is smoothly actuated, etc. Last but not least, the feel of the watch just seems top notch. Everything from the bracelet to the crown - the machining just seems excellent. At least a step above my previous Seiko (not bashing on Seiko - a great watch manufacturer in itself).

I just want that final 0.1% of confidence. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid?

Cheers!

20200226_222731.jpg

2. ExpiredWatchdog Feb 27, 2020

You checked all the right boxes. I'd be very surprised if someone was making fake Speedy Reduceds. It does have the correct movement as I can see from your picture that the pushers are above the CL of the crown, a characteristic of the Dubois-Depraz chrono module, but I doubt there are many other chrono movements out there that are small enough.

3. Foobar Feb 27, 2020

Great to hear - It's funny because that's actually one of the reasons I opted for the Reduced (that and my small wrists which accommodate the watch nicer). Thanks!

4. Burr Feb 27, 2020

Interesting, the detail about the pushers is something I hadn’t noticed before I wore this watch everyday for a year! Guess I should dust it off and give it another go, it a lovely watch. Congrats OP, looks legit!

5. Engee Feb 27, 2020

And congratulations on graduating and starting out on your journey through the world of work. As a career coach I'd like to offer you one piece of advice:
    Nobody ever lay on their deathbed wishing they'd spent more time in the office.

6. Bp1000 Feb 27, 2020

congrats

everything looks and is positioned exactly how it should be. I wouldn't doubt this authenticity. Plus as someone mentioned, I'd be very surprised if anyone has bothered to fake a speedy reduced especially to this level of accuracy. Enjoy it.

7. janice&fred Feb 27, 2020

well for one thing, asking on this forum is much easier and faster.

wolfe44 and DaveK like this.