First Omega Purchase

Posts
1,077
Likes
4,454
Picked this up for 370.00. Fingers crossed that was a reasonable price. Thanks to @dsio Ash for screening these and putting them out there.
Edited:
 
Posts
1,535
Likes
1,726
Well, the main problem with this is that it's missing the bezel which is extremely hard to find the replacement part.
Edit: Saw it.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
Serial number dates to ca 1971.

Please have it service before you wear it, rust on a movement is never a good sign.
 
Posts
1,077
Likes
4,454
Serial number dates to ca 1971.

Please have it service before you wear it, rust on a movement is never a good sign.
Didn’t see the rust and, honestly, didn’t think there would be such a problem on a watch recommended for consideration. If I got burned on this purchase, I’ll consider it a learning experience and proceed with due caution and more homework in the future. I’m still appreciative of the time that @dsio and others devote to looking at offerings on eBay. Cheers.
 
Posts
35,654
Likes
39,900
Didn’t see the rust and, honestly, didn’t think there would be such a problem on a watch recommended for consideration. If I got burned on this purchase, I’ll consider it a learning experience and proceed with due caution and more homework in the future. I’m still appreciative of the time that @dsio and others devote to looking at offerings on eBay. Cheers.
I didn’t actually catch it due to how localised it was it that corner of the movement, normally when there’s moisture intrusion you see more of it or some dial involvement. I’d see what your watchmaker says about it and how much is affected but yea will need service before use for sure.