Forums Latest Members

First Omega In Space / FOIS on bracelet

1. DoctorEvil Apr 27, 2021

Wow. Your engraver did a fantastic job on your clasp. Looks just like an Omega original.

Butik likes this.
  2. tommquinn Apr 27, 2021

Loving the vintage version of the 1125 bracelet

3. DIV Jul 4, 2021

Does Forstner make an 18mm flat link bracelet?

4. Mspeedster Jul 18, 2021

I purchased the Ed White 321 bracelet for my FOIS. The 321 end links will not work, spring bar pin hole does not line up and the back lip will not fit right either.

But the Omega 321 bracelet will fit perfectly using either Forstner (top pic) or Uncle Seiko (2nd pic) end links.
    inbound1948197883186907147.jpg inbound5628763669240773131.jpg inbound7796965954919912814.jpg

5. DoctorEvil Jul 18, 2021

Thanks for the info. Good to know in case I want to change my Forstner flat link to an Ed White 321.

Mspeedster likes this.
  6. dtle Jul 18, 2021

It's nice to have confirmation that the omega endlinks won't work but the forstner/US will. Thanks for the photos.
    Csn you comment on which is the better fit with the fois case?

To me it looks like the US is the winner in terms of better fit/integration with the fois case.

QUOTE="Mspeedster, post: 1822351, member: 15204"]I purchased the Ed White 321 bracelet for my FOIS. The 321 end links will not work, spring bar pin hole does not line up and the back lip will not fit right either.

But the Omega 321 bracelet will fit perfectly using either Forstner (top pic) or Uncle Seiko (2nd pic) end links.
    View attachment 1255204 View attachment 1255205 View attachment 1255206 [/QUOTE]

Knutdagfinn, ckhaing and Mspeedster like this.
  7. Ristretto Jul 18, 2021

Nice with this strap !

Mspeedster likes this.
  8. Mspeedster Jul 18, 2021

From the outside appearance, yes the Uncle Seiko's shape matches the lugs of the FOIS better and the look integrates seamlessly with the 321 bracelet. However, it takes more work & finesse to get the US installed. What I don't like about the US is that the squared off edge makes the watch feel more slab like and blocky on my wrist, as there's a step down to the bracelet. Also being hollow end links, they feel "cheaper" in my mind ( and they were cheaper, $25 vs. $50 for the Forstner end links).

The Forstner end link has a rounded edge which tappers down towards the wrist. As I have slimmer wrists, this makes the watch sit better for me. While its shape doesn't match the FOIS lugs as well as the US, the appearance of the Forstner end link is more similar to that of the OEM Ed White end link in its design. The Forstner is also a solid end link and the installation is plug & play, but it does require a slim spring bar. The thicker Omega spring bar that comes with the bracelet will not fit with the Forstner, as the 321 flat links are slightly thicker than the Forstner & US bracelets.

I think both look very nice and I've pondered which I like better. After trying both for a while, I'm using the Forstner end links because I like the way it wraps the watch around my wrist a little better. The stepped edge of the US makes the watch feel like it sits taller on my wrist.

9. richter Official ΩF thread drift measurer. Nov 23, 2021

I know the 60th anniversary bracelet doesn't work with the factory endlink, but has anyone tried the 60th with a Forstner or Uncle Seiko endlink?

10. richter Official ΩF thread drift measurer. Dec 12, 2021

Nevermind. Bought the Forstner flat link bracelet and answered my own question. The shape of the links of the 60th anniversary bracelet and size of the middle links are totally different from the Forstner end links. On the upside, I love the vintage look that the Forstner bracelet gives to my FOIS.

nicolamilton and wilderbeast like this.
  11. jasonnolanreed Mar 3, 2022

@Mspeedster Ah, shoot. I once bought a 321 bracelet for my FOIS, super excited about the combination and was severely disappointed when I found it wouldn't fit. I sent it back and have since tried just about every aftermarket option. I've been content for the past couple months with the newest Forstner Contemporary Flat Link with milled clasp. But this new info about the 321 bracelet fitting the Forstner end links has me wanting to spend way too much on that factory bracelet again. How are you enjoying the package? Any weirdness about the fitment or annoying gotchas you've uncovered?

Mspeedster likes this.
  12. Mspeedster Mar 3, 2022

No complaints about the Omega 321 bracelet. It's very comfortable, sturdy and looks great. Well worth the price to me. I normally prefer leather straps, but the bracelet is so good I've not taken it off.

However since I first posted about this, Uncle Seiko has come out with solid end links, which I recently purchased to try them out. I like the look better than the US hollow end links. But compared to the Forstner solid end links there are pros and cons. Pro: the US sits more flushed with the lugs of the FOIS, giving it a nice look. Con: the fit of the 321 male link into the female US end link is super tight!

321 bracelet with Uncle Seiko solid end link
    20220227_101547.jpg

321 bracelet with Forstner solid end link
    1373628-7ff852e9ccade4b94fcb512d0d8d1d5e.jpg

13. chipotlefire Mar 4, 2022

That looks great. Looks like no gap between the end link and the bracelet.

The 321 bracelet is $800?

Mspeedster likes this.
  14. Mspeedster Mar 4, 2022

Thanks. It was $680 from an Omega Boutique back in July.

jasonnolanreed and chipotlefire like this.
  15. jasonnolanreed Mar 4, 2022

Thanks for the info! I think next time I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket, I'll buy another 321 bracelet and treat my beloved FOIS to some OEM goodness

Mspeedster likes this.
  16. dlukask Mar 7, 2022

Love these models. I think the bezel is scarily prone to wear though.

17. SlCKB0Y Apr 12, 2022

I’ve got the FOIS on the Uncle Seiko flatlink with solid end links and my local OB can get me the 321 bracelet in about a week so I’m seriously considering purchasing this.

When you say the fit is super tight, do you mean the width of the Omega bracelet midlink is causing the tightness? Or is the fit tight somewhere else. If it’s just the width of the bracelet mid link, I’m sure this could be corrected by filing the inside edge of the end link a small amount.

Given that it is “super tight”, what issues does this cause in practice? Does this mean the bracelet doesn’t rotate freely on the spring bar due to friction with the inner edge of the US endlink?

Final question With this setup (US solid end link, 321 bracelet) are you using the OEM springbars which came with the bracelet or do you have to use thinner ones?

Thanks for your help!

18. Blackdog Apr 12, 2022

Hi there.
    Mspeedster will likely chime in soon, but as he helped me going through this exact situation I'll comment on my own experience.

If you use the Forstner endlinks, they work without modification, but using 1.5 or 1.6mm springbars (the Omega 2206 are 1.8mm and the usual aftermarket ones are 1.78mm).
    20220331_094007.jpg
    They look good, but in my opinion the US SELs look significantly better, following the shape of the links more closely.

You're right: the tightness is due to the width of the midlink of the 321 bracelet. In my case it would simply not rotate. I had to file the inside of the sides of the opening of the US SELs a couple tenths of mm. And then, using 1.5/1.6mm sprinbars, the bracelet will install and work just fine.

With some more clever filing/sanding I managed to use aftermarket 1.78mm springbars with the US SELs. But have not managed to use the OEM ones. With thicker springbars there's less free play and the mid link tends to rub against the top of the endlink as it rotates.

Here's a picture of my CK2998 on the 321 bracelet and US SELs.
    P4110746.JPG

Edited Apr 12, 2022
  19. SlCKB0Y Apr 13, 2022

Thanks for all the info - you’ve covered everything I needed to know. The Uncle Seiko SELs just look too good with the way they fit the lug profile not to use them. If all it takes for it to work is filing the inner edges of the end links a few tenths of a millimetre and slightly thinner spring bars, that’s completely manageable.

I realise the Forstner end links are more “plug and play” but I’ve used them before and can’t stand them - the way they prematurely turn down changes the entire look and feel of the watch, and not in a good way.

My only obstacle now is deciding if I am willing to spend that amount on a bracelet considering I already have the Uncle Seiko flatlink with Omega clasp and I’m pretty happy. Part of me really like the “authenticity” of the thinner more flexible bracelet with vintage style friction clasp - it is certainly extremely comfortable.

my current setup:
    F34A7CD6-EB57-4D23-B1AC-1971A7F9D384.jpeg

9127AD8C-3D0E-410D-A403-B56EDD0A6696.jpeg

My only other concern is getting a good fit, given the 321 bracelet only has one adjustment hole on the clasp and I believe no half links?

20. Blackdog Apr 13, 2022

I had the "classic" Forstner with a vintage Omega clasp very similar to yours. The 321 bracelet is incredibly comfortable, very flexible, and in terms of finishing is in completely different class. Granted, it is not 5 times better, but I am very happy with the upgrade. The clasp is very nicely made and oozes quality.

The one adjustment hole is around half a link difference, so by adding/removing links and the clasp adjustment you should be able to get a proper fit. But indeed, one more hole would have been great.

SlCKB0Y likes this.