Fires around the world. Are you impacted?

Posts
6,465
Likes
21,982
Well, I don't believe we are having historic wildfires. What we are having is nature coming back after 100 years of aggressive fire suppression. The 1930's were 5X worse than today. And due to that experience we suppressed every fire.

Different topic. I just noticed your avatar. It's fantastic.

Edit: I'd love to see more of your art. Here's a thread if you'd like to share what you make and collect: https://omegaforums.net/threads/does-anyone-collect-art-what-is-hanging-on-your-wall.116634/
Edited:
 
Posts
311
Likes
703
Different topic. I just noticed your avatar. It's fantastic.
Thank you. I love formline art. One of my 1st drawings. Have a great night.
 
Posts
1,891
Likes
3,628
Well, I don't believe we are having historic wildfires. What we are having is nature coming back after 100 years of aggressive fire suppression. The 1930's were 5X worse than today. And due to that experience we suppressed every fire.
This shows in 1956 most of the forrest was gone and there was nothing left to burn ? Or that fire prevention and fire figthing became much more effective ? Far less populated back then so much less of a problem with no humans around ?
Either way, it is not smart to cut fire figthing funding ( or clean out the surplus of unused pension funds ) to level budget deficits. It is much smarter to raise taxes, especially corporate ones, to make sure a gouvernement gets enough money to do its job properly. Buffet and Gates agree and those ain`t liberals.
I am sure anyone who will run for the next election with that message will have a landslide win 馃槈 because if we keep paying peanuts this is how it is going to stay.

The Dutch fire is under control and contained, lets hope for massive rain soon as power plants here are shutting down as well because of the low water levels. There is just not enough cold water to cool them.
 
Posts
6,465
Likes
21,982
We need to hire the Finns to rake the forests.
And the Germans to prune the forests.
 
Posts
3,147
Likes
6,546
and the French for the climax 馃榾

(worked my neighbourhood) with STIHL - ouf course!!!