Forums Latest Members

Finally managed to find one.

1. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Mar 20, 2023

You might like to post a few photos, perhaps start a new thread and tell us how you got into watches and, roughly, where you’re based.

We have members all over the world who generally share the same interests.

hoshimachi and Bourne1984 like this.
  2. Bourne1984 Mar 20, 2023

Hi and welcome,
    I think both have their merits. The 36mm is usually my preferred size for Rolex but as you can see from my comparison with the Black op I owned the size difference is minimal, enhanced by the fact it’s a white dial.
    I’m a sucker for symmetry and I do like the double indices but as a potentially permanent piece I do like the enlarged single indices in the 34mm.
    I am a fan of 34mm watches in general and have owned a frankly ludicrous amount of them. I currently also own a 34mm JLC MUT. In regards to the current social norm of <38mm being classed as small I don’t go in for this. I prefer smaller watches and don’t actually consider 34s, 36s etc as small, to me it seems perfectly normal for a man with a 7.5inch wrist to have a moderately sized watch.
    There are of course some larger watches I like and some I love but with not unlimited funds I’m happy with smaller watches.
    It’s interesting that in the 50s and 60s, the time we consider to represent a traditionally masculine post war period, 33/34mm watches were in the majority.
    As @Spruce mentioned it would be great to see a post of your watch.
    All the best

Spruce and hoshimachi like this.
  3. hoshimachi Mar 20, 2023

I am still figuring things out, but I will definitely start posting more photos. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Bourne1984 likes this.
  4. steversaurus Mar 22, 2023

34mm, I find wears not that much different on a bracelet. On a strap, it's more noticeable unless I'm wearing a suit, in which case, I don't really want a large watch a. Then again I have smallish wrists.

hoshimachi likes this.