Forums Latest Members
  1. West Slope Nov 7, 2016

2. calalum Nov 7, 2016

I like the $1 bid increments.

3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Nov 7, 2016

Edited Nov 7, 2016
    watchknut likes this.
  4. Buck2466 Nov 7, 2016

I saw this a couple of days ago and it was already up there. My bet is it will be back again, as the final bidder will end up not paying. I've seen this quite a number of times on watches on Goodwill that get way up there in price. I think some bidders just keep jacking it up because it went past their limit, just so they can screw someone else out of it when they know they won't be paying for it. Sore losers. ::censored::

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 7, 2016

6. LawBrk Nov 7, 2016

It's on the follow list, might take a crack at it ;)

7. BobXX Nov 7, 2016

I have yet to see a good deal on shopgoodwill.

It seems the buyers there are always willing to pay more than on eBay.

I bet it goes for $14k+.

Vitezi likes this.
  8. TylerRolex Nov 7, 2016

Shopgoodwill.com has been "shill bidding" for a long time. I have won 2 high priced auctions on their site and both times won by $1...and those bids came in last second. There are lots of threads referring to them doing this...and not just watches, all types of items.

Still will be interesting to see what it sells for.

9. West Slope Nov 7, 2016

I have noticed the prices for certain items (like watches) are typically very high at sale but some things are still poorly described or strangely categorized.

I should also say I am curious what issues folks can see with the watch, looks like a don bezel but other than that I am still learning and always interested in what the experts have to say.

10. Donn Chambers Nov 9, 2016

One thing I notice is that it looks like the acrylic crystal has been partly melted on the edge near the 9 o'clock marker, and part of the bezel has been scraped off. Someone was clearly not careful near an open flame. I also notice there's no movement picture, even though they clearly took the case back off.

So you'd be guessing the condition of the movement.

11. mokofoko One sad panda Nov 9, 2016

Yes, that's certainly disconcerting. Why bother removing the caseback if you're only going to show the anti-magnetic cap? I wouldn't be surprised if they determined that the movement was a mess, so they just "forgot" to upload the photos.

I'd be wary when it comes to paying the big bucks on any goodwill purchase. They're essentially non-returnable goods... unless you're willing to do a chargeback. And who does a chargeback against a charitable organization??