Fiddly winders

Posts
11
Likes
51
Do people find those 10 sided original winders on vintage constellations really fiddly to wind or is it just my fingers ? is ten little winds ( with my nails ) enough of a start for these watches or should I be trying to hit say 40 winds ?

bloody fiddly it is ..🫨
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
yah, they are so tiny ... I sometimes get my wife to help wind them or you can always buy one of those winders from Bergeon.
 
Posts
644
Likes
2,270
I use a bit of Shimano brake bleeding hose on my Breitling Colt, works a treat.
I had ordered a cheap tool off Ebay but didn't want it rubbing the case metal to metal so cut a bit of hose off👍
 
Posts
6,758
Likes
10,412
Do people find those 10 sided original winders on vintage constellations really fiddly to wind or is it just my fingers ? is ten little winds ( with my nails ) enough of a start for these watches or should I be trying to hit say 40 winds ?

bloody fiddly it is ..🫨

they are fiddly - but they look really good.
Try for 20 winds - but any winds will do as long as you then wear the watch ( and move)

but if you think the 10sided constellation winders are fiddly you should try the hidden crown constellation winders - they make the decagonal ones look positively practical.
 
Posts
9,215
Likes
76,777
Get a set of these. I had no idea they existed until @Archer mentioned them in another thread.

These aren’t mine but the sizing marks would be very useful.

 
Posts
11
Likes
51
Thanks I thought it was just me being useless.🙁

could always stick a condom on my finger I suppose .😁
 
Posts
9,215
Likes
76,777
Thanks I thought it was just me being useless.🙁

could always stick a condom on my finger I suppose .😁

….. so, not just having problems with watches?
You can tell us 😉
 
Posts
1,513
Likes
8,278
Get a set of these. I had no idea they existed until @Archer mentioned them in another thread.

These aren’t mine but the sizing marks would be very useful.

Whoa, hey hey... Wouldn't the metal winding device scratches the living out of your case?
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
Whoa, hey hey... Wouldn't the metal winding device scratches the living out of your case?
Hublot says “YOLO”



😁
 
Posts
1,513
Likes
8,278
Hublot says “YOLO”



😁
Damn it, now I have to search for a Hublot that uses this thing.

You’ve just given Wolf winder their next product.
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
Damn it, now I have to search for a Hublot that uses this thing.

You’ve just given Wolf winder their next product.
It’s the Hublot MP-05 LaFerrari. You need the gun to wind through the 50 day power reserve. Otherwise you’ll either have the worst carpal tunnel ever or the strongest forearm ever.



Kinda surprised Joma shop supposedly has one to be honest.

 
Posts
1,210
Likes
3,906
It’s the Hublot MP-05 LaFerrari. You need the gun to wind through the 50 day power reserve. Otherwise you’ll either have the worst carpal tunnel ever or the strongest forearm ever.



Kinda surprised Joma shop supposedly has one to be honest.

For $248K, one would think you could actually tell what the time is!!
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,075
For $248K, one would think you could actually tell what the time is!!

That's what your phone is for.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
For $248K, one would think you could actually tell what the time is!!

I would know it’s the future sometime ( and that would do me ) if I wore that thing 😗
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
That's what your phone is for.
At which point you would have purchased the (very real) limited edition Daytona phone case. 😁

€133,000 *bracelet/strap not included
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
Whoa, hey hey... Wouldn't the metal winding device scratches the living out of your case?
Not if you use them correctly.
 
Posts
3,594
Likes
7,805
Thanks I thought it was just me being useless.🙁

could always stick a condom on my finger I suppose .😁
Avoid the lubricated ones...
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Get a set of these. I had no idea they existed until @Archer mentioned them in another thread.

These aren’t mine but the sizing marks would be very useful.


Are these suitable for holding onto a crown while screwing it onto the thread? Sometimes i find it so fiddly...
 
Posts
9,215
Likes
76,777
Are these suitable for holding onto a crown while screwing it onto the thread? Sometimes i find it so fiddly...
I’ve accumulated a mismatched set of different diameters but, once you have the right one, I find them very good and, I imagine, I’m using less pressure on the crown and stem - although that’s purely a layman’s perception
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
I also thought something like this might be useful when testing my spare crowns out on my bergeon crown gauge (pictured), it’s so fidly pushing a tiny crown and then trying to turn it onto the gauge. If it were held tight by one of these tools I think it would be so much simpler turning it against the various stem sizes, until you find the one that fits - also means you’ll be screwing it on straight rather than wonky…