Forums Latest Members
  1. Ralvari Apr 2, 2021

Hello,

Z-33 is an Omega watch that I have been thinking to include in my collection since years, almost since they presented in 2012/2013, but I have never found the last "click" that makes me to do the step on. But it is always in my head, hidden and appears from time to time...

I tend to think on the model with black rubber strap, but even the fact that there are the 3 different straps make me to seriously doubt, as they are very different depending on the strap.

Some photos from Omega web page

omega-speedmaster-spacemaster-z-33-32592437901002-l.png omega-speedmaster-spacemaster-z-33-32590437901001-l.png omega-speedmaster-spacemaster-z-33-32592437901001-l.png

Is there anyone that could share some feeling and/or experience about the piece?

Thanks

lindo likes this.
  2. Paedipod Apr 2, 2021

They are interesting, the technology is compelling.......would have bought one but actually put one on and walked around the boutique when they were first released. It actually felt like wearing two watches stacked together. I thought that the pilot case would feel like a flightmaster, but the proportions and lack of heft with the titanium made it feel much too tall.

Just my opinion, but strongly suggest that you actually strap one on before you put down any cash. Hopefully a long term owner will chime in.
    Good luck in your quest!

lindo likes this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 2, 2021

I like it. Not sure I would wear it though. Now if it had a similar profile to the 145.013 that would be a different story...

4. Blackdog Apr 2, 2021

I tried one on some time ago at a dealer in Madrid. I was curious, because I had only seen it in promotional pictures before.

It's almost absurdly thick. Not a watch I would wear. Make sure you try one on before buying, it may be just your thing or far from it...

I have an X-33 Skywalker, and that's a much more wearable watch. Even at its 45mm, being titanium, if feels OK on the wrist.

5. Ralvari Apr 2, 2021

Thanks. For sure I will try before buying, but even when I go to a dealer (and I use to go at least once per month) I never remind to ask them if they have one to try... very curious, because always the watch come back to my mind...